Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

29 Years.. Planning to Take GMAT next year

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

29 Years.. Planning to Take GMAT next year [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2013, 11:54
Hi,
I am 29 Years old and I am planning to take GMAT next year in Mar 2014. Does my age a big trouble for me getting into top 50 colleges. I am looking for University of Toronto ROTMAN. My main problem is my Vocabulary. I am very bad in that. But I am definitely good in Quants. And also I don't have impressive profile. I had average CGPA (3.6). Being in IT industry at client interfacing role, I got promotions regularly. I started a consulting firm, which is doing pretty average. Practised green house technology at our own farms which failed miserably. This is an outlook of my profile.

My question here, with this Bad profile what are the chances of getting into top 50 colleges if I manage to get around 700 in GMAT?

How difficult is it to practise and score good verbal score.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 18

Re: 29 Years.. Planning to Take GMAT next year [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 21:32
Expert's post
chandrats wrote:
Hi,
I am 29 Years old and I am planning to take GMAT next year in Mar 2014. Does my age a big trouble for me getting into top 50 colleges. I am looking for University of Toronto ROTMAN. My main problem is my Vocabulary. I am very bad in that. But I am definitely good in Quants. And also I don't have impressive profile. I had average CGPA (3.6). Being in IT industry at client interfacing role, I got promotions regularly. I started a consulting firm, which is doing pretty average. Practised green house technology at our own farms which failed miserably. This is an outlook of my profile.

My question here, with this Bad profile what are the chances of getting into top 50 colleges if I manage to get around 700 in GMAT?

How difficult is it to practise and score good verbal score.

Hi Chandrats,

I didn't quite get how you came to the conclusion that you have a bad profile.
You can build up your vocabulary as well as your verbal skill through practice.

You can send us your resume to understand your profile better : contact at mbadecoder dot com

Namita Garg
www.mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: 29 Years.. Planning to Take GMAT next year [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2013, 00:09
Hi Chandrats,

I don't think age should be a matter of concern for you. And as you must be knowing that most of the b school is looking for approx 4-5 years of average work experience. The average work experience of Rotman is 53 months. Based on your profile I would suggest you to target University of British Columbia - Sauder, York University - Schulich and Georgetown University (McDonough). There are few more b schools where you may apply.

If you want to have your free profile evaluation, you may PM your profile/resume to me.

If you happen to be based in Delhi (Gurgaon), you can attend a MBA workshop by the alumnus of ISB along with alumnus of various top global B-Schools during the dates mentioned in this link http://bit.ly/c4mpwT.

Feel free to post any other query that you might have.

Regards,
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 1

Re: 29 Years.. Planning to Take GMAT next year [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 15:35
Expert's post
I concur with Namita and Neha that you have a good profile . At 29, you are not old considering the fact that most B-schools require 4-5 years of wok experience.

Regarding getting a good verbal score- practice, practice , practice. Practice makes a person perfect.

Good luck.

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Re: 29 Years.. Planning to Take GMAT next year   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2013, 15:35