Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2nd disastrous gmat score of my life

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 38

2nd disastrous gmat score of my life [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2012, 18:14
I am so highly disappointed :(
I had taken GMAT 3 years ago and had ended up getting 600 (Q-44,V-29). Again yesterday I took my GMAT (2nd attempt)and ended up with same score 600 (q-47,v-26)
I have been consistently getting scores within the range of 680 to 740 during my last 3 months prep in all the GMATPrep and Manhattan tests.
Yesterday when I saw my score I could not believe the numbers flashing on the screen.
I am totally confused. Unfortunately i am an engineer+IT and belong to the very common pool of applicants and to get to any good school I need to make it to 700+ pool of applicants.
After yesterday's experience I have lost confidence if I can do with the self study and can still take a100 points leap and in third attempt too I'l end up with the same score:(
Plz suggest should I give it another shot, is it okey to have 3 scores? What should be my strategy?
Please guide.

Push +1 kudos button please, if you like my post

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 16

Re: 2nd disastrous gmat score of my life [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 03:29
Dude Even i am in the same Boat as well.. I have been consistently scoring well in practice tests i.e 660-740, but don't know what happened in the test, i saw a disastrous score on the screen i.e 590(Q47, V23) :( ...So Friends Plz suggest me as well.. lost confidence and interest in giving Gmat..so plz suggest me if 590 is enough to get into some good schools( I mean not elite schools, because anyway i am far from reaching these schools with this score)

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Last edited by mydreammba on 01 Sep 2012, 22:46, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 605 [0], given: 114

Re: 2nd disastrous gmat score of my life [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 12:06
Sorry to hear about your experiences!

If you're scoring higher in practice tests (and they're timed, you're doing the AWA/IR, and these aren't retake scores) then you have the ability inside of you. You will have to figure out exactly what happened on test day. Were you nervous? did you have timing issues? Did you speed through problems? DId you just have a bad day? Once you figure out what happened, you should fix the problem and retake. DOn't lose hope! The fact that you are scoring well on practice tests means you have the ability. You just have to translate that ability to a real score. STAY STRONG. I have heard many many stories of people overcoming this same problem!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 38

Re: 2nd disastrous gmat score of my life [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 18:13
Thank you sir for encouraging words.
I sincerely need advice -
1. Is it ok to have 3 scores? I am afraid what if the third one falls in the same range too :(

2. Is it advisable to join some practice tests or coaching? I have been relyig on OG 12,11,10 for all my practice and GmatPRep+Manhattan Free tests
3. Please suggest a month plan for 700+ ? I need to get my score before july to be in position to start applyin to my target schools.

Thanks for help!
Yashii

Push +1 kudos button please, if you like my post

Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 16

Re: 2nd disastrous gmat score of my life [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 21:33
GMATLA wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experiences!

If you're scoring higher in practice tests (and they're timed, you're doing the AWA/IR, and these aren't retake scores) then you have the ability inside of you. You will have to figure out exactly what happened on test day. Were you nervous? did you have timing issues? Did you speed through problems? DId you just have a bad day? Once you figure out what happened, you should fix the problem and retake. DOn't lose hope! The fact that you are scoring well on practice tests means you have the ability. You just have to translate that ability to a real score. STAY STRONG. I have heard many many stories of people overcoming this same problem!

I think i got bit nervous seeing the time and so went fast through questions, can you please let me know the good schools i can get with this score?

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Re: 2nd disastrous gmat score of my life   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2012, 21:33