Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 09:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2nd GMAT prep 720, real test in 5 days

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

2nd GMAT prep 720, real test in 5 days [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 09:19
I took the real GMAT in november and scored 41/42 for 680. I then studied a bit, tough through the holidays with 2 kids. Anyhow I took my first gmat prep from mba.com about 3 weeks ago and scored 40/47 but was interrupted during the Quant section at my office by 3 jabbering coworkers(on a saturday) no less. So I blew the math. The opposite happened this time. Silence for the Quant and i scored 47 and interrupted halfway through the verbal and scored 40. I am not worried about the verbal though, I feel very comfortable with it. I am very happy about the quant though. It shows my studies have paid off. Fewer stupid mistakes as well. I missed on a combination problem, number properties and a line problem. Now I thin i will concentrate on my error log as I have about 100 or so that I have missed in my studies an dhave not gone back to yet.

I am hoping I can put the two scores together in the test environment, I am usually a fairly good tester. I am thinking a 45/45 or 45/47. I would be thrilled. It would get me over the 700 hump. Ill post after the test.

Any last minute tips on ironing some of the remaining math diffs? I didnt see any probability q's, even though i have studied those a bit.

Thanks for the help and good luck to all.

Eric
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 11:12
go over OG11 quant if you have them..just work on 10 problems of each type and relax the day before the test

since my test was at 12pm I did some reading and worked on about 7-10 problems of each type to get my brain warmed up
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 12:44
Probability problems are rather rare, I didn't have a single problem of this type on G day.

Overall, focusing on your error log is a good idea. Identify your weak spot and try to fortify it as much as possible.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 21:27
The trickiest and most relevant problems I saw were all in the GMATPrep software. So how about redoing atleast the quant portion of the test maybe a couple of times.
I spent the last couple of days of prep mostly with the GMATPrep software. l reviewed some of the tougher problems from GMATPrep for about an hour or so the morning of the test, just to kickstart my gray cells ahead of the test.
  [#permalink] 06 Jan 2007, 21:27