Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 17:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 17:36
Hello!
I am wondering if someone in the forum would know what my situation could possibly mean...

On the R2 Consortium application, I ranked Haas first and Yale second (though both programs are just as exciting to me!) Haas's admission decision date is March 26th while Yale's was March 4th. I have been accepted to Yale and today I received a call telling me I am receiving scholarship assistance from Yale (no mention of Consortium).

Since Yale was ranked #2 in the application, does it mean that I also did not get the fellowship from Haas and will have to wait until the 26th to hear about the admissions decision (assuming no fellowship) ?

What would this scenario mean?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 20:53
Congrats.

They did the scholarship bids today. I know because I got one from a different school. So if you got the call today, are you sure it wasn't the consortium?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 04:10
bloomaces wrote:
Congrats.

They did the scholarship bids today. I know because I got one from a different school. So if you got the call today, are you sure it wasn't the consortium?

Congratulations to you as well!
Yeah, the scholarship award was not the full-tuition fellowship from the Consortium, it was a partial scholarship.... However, I am not sure if that also means that my first choice did not offer the fellowship as well :/
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2012
Posts: 93
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 42

Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 07:02
FrozTim2014 wrote:
bloomaces wrote:
Congrats.

They did the scholarship bids today. I know because I got one from a different school. So if you got the call today, are you sure it wasn't the consortium?

Congratulations to you as well!
Yeah, the scholarship award was not the full-tuition fellowship from the Consortium, it was a partial scholarship.... However, I am not sure if that also means that my first choice did not offer the fellowship as well :/


Haas may have given you the scholarship. But then again they called people on Wednesday. Did you get accepted or at least interview with them?

If not, then Yale may have just ran out of money by the time they got to the second round and you missed out.

Or.... you may not have been granted membership into the Consortium.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 09:16
ohsballer wrote:
FrozTim2014 wrote:
bloomaces wrote:
Congrats.

They did the scholarship bids today. I know because I got one from a different school. So if you got the call today, are you sure it wasn't the consortium?

Congratulations to you as well!
Yeah, the scholarship award was not the full-tuition fellowship from the Consortium, it was a partial scholarship.... However, I am not sure if that also means that my first choice did not offer the fellowship as well :/


Haas may have given you the scholarship. But then again they called people on Wednesday. Did you get accepted or at least interview with them?

If not, then Yale may have just ran out of money by the time they got to the second round and you missed out.

Or.... you may not have been granted membership into the Consortium.


I know! So many possibilities! I did get interviewed in late February with Haas.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 12:56
[quote="bloomaces"]Congrats.
x

Last edited by t1234 on 18 Mar 2014, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 07:59
m1234 wrote:
bloomaces wrote:
Congrats.

They did the scholarship bids today. I know because I got one from a different school. So if you got the call today, are you sure it wasn't the consortium?


Can you say which school if you don't mind? Curious, accepted at two Consortium schools (one specifically mentioned I did not get a Consortium scholarship) and waiting for admission decisions on the rest of the Consortium schools...has anyone heard if you are a Member or if you've gotten the Fellowship? Also assume that if you didn't get a call on the 12th you still could very well be in the running.... just very curious - - thanks all for any info!


I guess at this point we have similar concerns... In my case, when I asked Yale if the scholarship factored in the Consortium fellowship draft decision and she simply said the scholarship decision was based on the draft...which did not tell me as much as I wished to have clarified. The school that told you that they did not grant you the fellowship, what was their rank in your application, if you don't mind sharing?

The Haas site is a bit confusing. It says fellowship notifications will be available mid-march, yet the admission decision date is March 26th. When I called the admissions office they told me the R2 decisions would be available March 26th, not on the Consortium. Thus I just don't know what to think/expect...
Re: 2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2014, 07:59
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Applying to 1st round or 2nd round project2013 7 26 Apr 2013, 07:00
Application Rounds and Scholarships jakolik 2 20 Aug 2010, 04:18
1st round vs 2nd round hhh 20 10 Jul 2009, 21:01
Stanford 2nd round interview mail coss200 1 07 Feb 2006, 09:14
Help with 2nd attempt doloris 0 21 Jan 2005, 08:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

2nd round Applicant- Received a call about scholarship help

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.