Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 05:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2nd shock!! Practice Test-2 = 550

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Retired Moderator
Followers: 102

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
2nd shock!! Practice Test-2 = 550 [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 11:08
And I ruined it once again :( :(

Almost 15days have passed since my last test; I took the 2nd practice test today and missed it once again.

Before giving 2nd test, I concentrated mainly on CR section, read PowerScore CR bible once again and practiced about 1st forty questions of OG 10, revised first 7 chapters of Manhattan SC guide.

After fifteen days of my 1st test, my split for the today’s practice test was V26 and M39 (overall 550!) My split for the 1st practice test was V28 and M40 (overall 570!)

1st-shock-practice-test-95079.html

Today also, on the Math section I was confident (over confident kills!) that I’m doing well but in the end I messed up everything! Today on PS section I did well and scored 82% and on DS section, I performed poorly and made only 60% correct. I have been always confident on DS section but this poor score made me cry! Though, I was doing good on Math section but was shocked after seeing my result!

On verbal part, though I improved on the CR section but overall my performance was heart breaking! On very first question, I got RC question that made me nervous. I never had imagined that I’ll get very first question on RC! Today, I scored only 50% on RC as against the 64% on my 1st practice test! Passages on RC sections were all of 60 lines! I messed up! Then 67% correct on CR section, many questions were from “assumptions”, those are considered tough! My bad luck!

What is hurting me the most is my performance on SC section. On my first test, I made 80% questions correct. But, today on 2nd practice test I made only 60% correct. I missed 2 questions on “subjunctive” and 1 question from “parallel construction” and 1 from “when/where”. I hadn’t practiced on SC section since my 1st practice test. I think regular practice is needed!

I’m feeling ashamed of my score on DS and SC mainly. The sections which I always considered my best! Credit goes to NIGHT SHIFT also for my poor perfromance! I worked last night at office and was feeling low. I had planned to take this test, so I took and got this shocking score!

I still have to go through almost all the official guides (OG10, OG11, OG12 and Math, Verbal Reviews)! I hope official guides will help me to improve further.

There are still 35 days to go for the real GMAT. I need a score of 650-670 on GMAT. Please help me friends, how to improve?

RC videos rc-through-videos-99566.html
CR videos cr-through-videos-99033.html
SC videos sc-through-videos-98340.html
Quant videos quant-through-videos-102525.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GPA: 4
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2nd shock!! Practice Test-2 = 550 [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 21:48
HI,

I am facing the same issue. I would like to give you few points to consider.
=> Do you complete the test comfortably? or do you guess at the end?. I was never able to complete my two practice tests on time. Timing the test is crucial than anything else. Practice as many quants test as possible daily with time limits. This will atleast give you the timing sense when you overwork on a problem.

=> How well do you concentrate on the Verbal section?. Do you panic / feel stressed during the verbal section?. If so stay calm and read your questions with an active mind. This will definitely help in answering your SC and CR q's.

I hope this helps

-If you like my post, consider giving KUDOS

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: 2nd shock!! Practice Test-2 = 550 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 07:35
try do all the OG verbal questions. Also try to identify your math errors as well since that also needs some improvement..
Re: 2nd shock!! Practice Test-2 = 550   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2010, 07:35