Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Send PM
Re: 2nd time and lower score! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Mars wrote:
Thanks, i'll read his story. I just finished reading your posts on moving from a 650-700+. I'd like to shoot for a 730...hopefully it's not out of reach.

It is not, but depends on the time you have. I am sure you know this, but verbal will be the toughest to improve....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, verbal has been difficult. I took the MGMAT course and have all the books. Sadly I don't think my verbal score has improved much despite the studying. I'm beginning to fear that I have missed something in my learning. Do you think doing verbal problems each day and getting familiar with different verbal problem types through practice questions is a good way to spend the next two months studying?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mars wrote:
Yes, verbal has been difficult. I took the MGMAT course and have all the books. Sadly I don't think my verbal score has improved much despite the studying. I'm beginning to fear that I have missed something in my learning. Do you think doing verbal problems each day and getting familiar with different verbal problem types through practice questions is a good way to spend the next two months studying?

Not a huge fan of just doing the questions, at least not just to learn.
MGMAT has good materials - the main reason people don't get good scores after going through these are:
1. Skipping steps in strategy or inventing their own strategies and failing to follow instructions 100%
2. Moving to next section before finishing the previous one. This means that you may have to create hand-written notes and summary of each chapter if that's what it takes. May mean, you have to get up at 6 AM and study for 2 hours before work or manage your time better and lock yourself in a place without distractions
3. Non native speaker who has weak English

Any of these apply to you?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts