Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

3.1 GPA and 660 GMAT looking for potential MSF/MMS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

3.1 GPA and 660 GMAT looking for potential MSF/MMS [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 12:39
Hey guys, i recently took the gmat and scored a 660(q48,v33), this was pretty dissapointing as i was scoring 700+ on my PT. I dont have time to retake it before sending out my applications so whatever schools i get into are where im going. A little Background on myself- Double major in accounting and finance, 3.1 GPA(upward trend), and one BB PWM internship last summer. I know my resume is lacking right now so im looking to use a MSF or MMS to break into management Consulting(lower tier firms). Given that my quant GMAT is high i dont see it being to much of a problem but my GPA scares me for my admission chances I plan on applying to the following schools..what others should i add?

Wake Forest
Duke
Villanova
FSU
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 29

Re: 3.1 GPA and 660 GMAT looking for potential MSF/MMS [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 18:06
This post received
KUDOS
I am just regurgitating some advice that I have seen the owner of MSFHQ.com give to people with a similar profile to yours, but you should be competitive at most place. You should get into all of those that you mentioned. You might not get into Vanderbilt. You will not get into MIT or Princeton. I would remove Wake Forest and FSU from that list. FSU's recruiting has taken a huge turn for the worse (according to the admissions lady I spoke with).

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Re: 3.1 GPA and 660 GMAT looking for potential MSF/MMS   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2013, 18:06