Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 00:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

3 Week Study Plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.88
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

3 Week Study Plan [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2013, 08:59
This being my first post on GMAT club, I would like to begin by thanking all the founders/administrators/participants of this site. It is an amazing resource, that I have spent dozens of hours on, absorbing as much knowledge and motivation as possible.

With that being said, I am just over three weeks away from taking my GMAT on 8 January 2014. I have been studying on and off for the past year, but now have decided to put my foot down and take the test. Because of my procrastination, the resources I am using are a bit dated, and are as follows:

OG 12
GMAT Quant and Verbal Reviews, 2nd Edition
MGMAT 4th Edition Guides (Set of 8 w/tests and question banks).
GMATPrep Software and Study Collection (tests and question bank)
Power Score CR Bible

In August, I began studying for a planned test in November. I studied was quant for a month straight, putting in about 15 hours/week, completing the MGMAT guides, and taking a CAT per week. In September, I postponed taking the GMAT until work settled down. Now, a week and a half ago, I picked the books back up. The first thing I did was take a MGMAT CAT IV, scoring a 610, Q40, V34. After a week of brief Quant review, I took MGMAT CAT V and scored a 660, Q41, V39.

Now, I have 23 days remaining until the test and want to maximize my results. I have 14 of the next 20 days off work, and really think I can do some damage. Some topics are just RUSTY, while in other areas (All Quant) I am making stupid mistakes on the test that I don't make in practice. If I maximize my time (8 hours a day on the days off, 3 hours a day on the days I work, no study the 2 days prior), I'm looking at 144 hours. Realistically, I think a have 100 good hours of studying left. My plan, after today's eye opening quant trip up, is to spend the next 15-20 hours running through my MGMAT Quant guides, drilling on the basics, and working through quant OG problems. Next, I plan to go through MGMAT sentence correction over a couple days and spend 2-3 days on the CR Bible. Through my Verbal week, I plan on beginning each day with an hour of quant to keep it fresh in my mind. Once I am complete with my verbal guides, I will be spending almost all my time completing MGMAT/GMATPrep question sets, focusing on my weak errors in my error log. I also plan on taking tests every 2-3 days during this phase.

So, my request is for some smart people to poke holes in my plan. If you had three weeks off, with very little work to get in the way, how would you do it? All insightful commentary is appreciated! Thank you.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 600 [0], given: 5

Re: 3 Week Study Plan [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 13:07
Expert's post
Generally speaking, when you are studying verbal, we recommend that you focus only on that particular section for the entire day -- and sustain that through a 3-5 day period. This intense focus, we believe, maximizes your improvement in the shortest amount of time. Once you have gone through this 3-5 day boot camp focused only on --say - SC, then you can spend half a day to go through some quant to make sure it's fresh and then dive into your next problem area.

You can get more details about our approach and 1 month study plan here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... study-plan

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: 3 Week Study Plan   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2013, 13:07