Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

30 days left - indecision

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

30 days left - indecision [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2007, 15:52
What do you guys feel is the best strategy for the next 30 days of my prep? I'll describe my progress so far and what I feel are my weak points:

- started a few months ago studying very leisurely (just the basics)
- did poorly on CATS (550, 560) - timing was a huge problem
- did PR math workbook, took GMATPrep 1 and scored 650 with a big increase in math (34 to 45)
- started really studying harder with Veritas online course, went through about half the lessons and stopped those to focus on OG11
- changed studying from doing lots of practice to doing sets of problems and going over every solution --> hit rates were in the high 80s for V and high 90s for Q
- took 2 more CATs (570,540), realized timing would forever hold me back if i didn't overcome it
- spent a week doing old paper GMAT tests timed
- took another CAT 660 (Q42, V40)
- realized probability, combinations and permutations were big gaps in math --> did Veritas lesson on these
- still working on OG11 (finished CR section - 89% avg hit rate)

I've been very indecisive about the next few weeks and haven't decided on my plan. Here are my thoughts:

1) I think my V is about as good as it can get in CR and SC....RC could use a little more work, but I think I can get a 40-45V
2) I think my math is weak still even though I've been scoring in the 40s fairly consistently lately --> I made at least 4 silly mistakes out of the 9 problems I missed on the last CAT
3) I need to keep working on my timing

I've been thinking about covering all these books that I have left over (kaplan 800, OG V, OG Q, MGMAT SC), but I'm not sure if that's the best use of my time. I have access to the MGMAT CATs, but I don't think I'll have enough time to do them all. I have two main ideas right now:

1) Finish OG11, complete MGMAT SC, complete Kaplan 800, do hard problems from OG V and Q, do 1 CAT each week (2 MGMAT and GMATPrep 2)

2) Finish OG11, do all the MGMAT CATs for practice with hard Q questions (2 per week), spend any extra time working OG V and Q review (focusing on hardest problems first)

I'm leaning towards option 2 since it will allow me to practice with the hardest problems and work under timed conditions.

Thoughts?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
30 days left - indecision   [#permalink] 16 Sep 2007, 15:52