Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 13:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

30 days to go

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

30 days to go [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2010, 02:55
I have my GMAT on the 30th of September and scored 680 and 720 on the GMAT Prep software (without attempting the AWA Essays) ...In both the mocks , I got 48 in Quant and 34 and 38 in Verbal respectively...Going forward , what should be my strategy for the remaining 30 days ???

Am through with Manhattan SC Guide, OG 11, Kaplan 800 and 500 of the 1000 SC Questions...have a copy of OG 12 ..what else to do ? should I spend a lot of time reading the forums ??

2 other queries

a) Its been 3 years since I have been working after clearing my Chartered Accountancy exams and so was totally out of touch with academics....now I really face a lot of difficulty in reading ...and my GMAT study sessions are at best 15 minutes long ...because sometimes I start feeling all this logic and rules are just an intellectual exercise with no real life implications !!

Pls Advise
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 510 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 30 days to go [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 03:16
Hi anuragsingal! Welcome to gmat club!! :)

My input is shown below in color.

anuragsingal wrote:
I have my GMAT on the 30th of September and scored 680 and 720 on the GMAT Prep software (without attempting the AWA Essays) ...In both the mocks , I got 48 in Quant and 34 and 38 in Verbal respectively...Going forward , what should be my strategy for the remaining 30 days ??? If you have other CATs available, go through those. You can also try gmat club tests to boost your score to Q 50. Also you can get maximum use of gmat prep. See this thread gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548.html

Am through with Manhattan SC Guide, OG 11, Kaplan 800 and 500 of the 1000 SC Questions...have a copy of OG 12 ..what else to do ? should I spend a lot of time reading the forums ?? Yes!!!, apart from spending your time on CATs, you can spend your time here at this forum. You can use the tag function to find the hardest & mid difficulty problems of every area, along with detailed explanation. I hope this surfing will help you a lot. Share your thoughts & you will get the benefits.

2 other queries

a) Its been 3 years since I have been working after clearing my Chartered Accountancy exams and so was totally out of touch with academics....now I really face a lot of difficulty in reading ...and my GMAT study sessions are at best 15 minutes long ...because sometimes I start feeling all this logic and rules are just an intellectual exercise with no real life implications !!
Pls Advise
I think you are going quite fine & just a little focus will help you reaching your dream score. So try to focus & ask yourself that you have to do it. I know you love IFRS :) , but still you have to go through this phase. Also, try to take your CATs with AWA. Practicing CATs without AWA somtimes show wrong picture of one's abilities. You can check the best AWA guide here. how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Best of luck & keep us posted. :)

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 7

Re: 30 days to go [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2010, 21:13
HI anurag,
welcome to the GMAT club..:)
Well Since according to you u r done with ur books and gmat prep.i will say u should start revising the things again..few strategies for revision are like have u maintained error log to see in which type of questions u r making mistake.suppose if u are findins more errors in CR then learn the concepts and type of question again for CR.It will help u a lot in improving ur score.Same applies to quant section too.Try to Find the question types like if more errors in PS or DS..this strategy will help to improve ur score.Also i will advice since u have 24 days still left with u u can take some free tests of veritas or knewton..take the free quiz game in Grockit and all....Have u taken the manhattan GMAT Tests? If not take 2-3 of them also...!!

my main idea to say all this is to try focussing on your errors and mistakes now.just try to learn the concepts of all 5 options why certain option is correct and why certain is right!!
I hope it helps You..
Thanx!!
sandy
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: 30 days to go [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2010, 00:49
Hi sandy...Thanks for the reply...My accuracy levels in RC and SC are just 60-70%......and thats after i have exhausted whatever i could get on these topics.....even if i re-attempt, in SC, the same mistakes repeated !! a bit frustating..probably it takes years to master SC

same for DS ....the inequality and number properties sums are really tough

in btw: i was thinking of giving the GMAT Prep tests only as there's so much confusrion abt the other tests..some say they are tougher/easier !!!
Retired Moderator
Followers: 108

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 33

Re: 30 days to go [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2010, 10:37
In last 30 days one should practice only from official guides and from official materials only.

Funny, Interesting and Crazy Facts, Photos and Videos!
http://funnyinterestingcrazy.blogspot.co.uk/

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: 30 days to go [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2010, 05:53
also try use error logs too.

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!