Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 29906 [0]
Given Kudos: 799
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Wharton
Send PM
Re: 310 to 410 Practice Test [#permalink]
Agree that you should focus on those parts where RoI is likely to be more, especially when you don't have much time to go. Sometimes, intangibles such as your mindset during the test hours can easily make the entire difference, and even things such as are you in good state physically (which indirectly affects you mentally). There may not seem to be an obvious correlation, but I've personally benefited (in tests) from being a regular in physical exercise, more so in weeks leading to the test day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for all of the replies. I will definitely focus on concepts in these last two weeks. I can't push the date back unfortunately so I have to grind this out. I actually got a 420 on my latest practice test and I felt like I was guessing on a lot of the quantitative questions. I am going to review the questions I feel are coming up more often than not. I need to be able to get the easy questions right in order to get a 500.

Thanks for your help and comments. Do any of you have a link to another set of free cat tests? The official gmat tests seem to be the same questions?

Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hossmanTK,

Right now, taking lots of additional CATs is NOT the solution to your issues. I'll be happy to advise, but you're going to have to provide more information about your timeline and studies than you have so far:

1) What is the application deadline for the School you're planning to apply to? Is that the ONLY deadline?
2) What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each of these CATs?
3) If you don't score 500 in 2 weeks time, what will you do then?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback again. I have some more updates.

I emailed the adviser for the school I want to attend (the same school I got my undergraduate from) and he said that to get accepted, the minimum percentile you can get is a 0% in quantitative and 5% in verbal. The kicker is that in order to get some classes waived, I need to get above the 25th percentile in quantitative and above the 20th percentile in verbal.

My latest practice test from the GMAt Prep software was a 420. 20th percentile quantitative and 20th percentile verbal.

The adviser also said that I can attend school in January if I take the test as scheduled on December 5th. I can report to him my unofficial scores and still be ok for acceptance (depending on how I do).

My studying thus far has been practice problems on the GMAT Club website and practice problems in the Official GMAT Guide for 2015.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hossmanTK,

If the School's GMAT Score requirements are that 'modest', then you should be able to focus on the 'gettable' questions and 'dump' everything else (the questions that are too hard, weird, complex, long, etc.). To that end, on your last CAT how many questions do you think that you COULD have gotten correct, but didn't because of a silly/little mistake or because you were low on time? THOSE are the questions that you need to get correct to hit these percentile goals.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went back through my 420 score test and looked at the wrong answers. I made some stupid mistakes on both sections. If I took my time a little more and paid attention to the details, I would have gotten a handful more right. Do you think getting a few more questions right on each section would improve my score that much?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hossmanTK,

The specific details matter here - if it's just 1 or 2 silly mistakes, then the increase in score (by NOT making those mistakes) wouldn't likely get you the 100+ points you're looking for. But how many silly/little mistakes did you actually make? Beyond those mistakes, how many questions COULD you have gotten correct, but didn't? The more often you end up thinking "I could/should have gotten that question correct..." then the more easy points you let slip away.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot