Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: 370 - GMAT not for me.... [#permalink]
What were your quant and verbal scores?

Is English your second language?

I am asking because there were a lot of spelling and grammatical errors in your posts.

To see major improvement in one month could be tough if your foundation in the language is shaky to begin with. Three months are more realistic.
Try utilize English in your daily life...reading the news, watching the TV, speaking to friends, writing the diaries...all done in English.

Before you know it, your English will improve drastically!
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
rrram wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was following these blog from quite a few time.
I am preparing for more than a month.
and today given mock and end up getting 370.
I think even if High School kid can score more than me without studying.
I don't know,what to do....?
I have a month in my hand for preparation.
Should i give up..?because i don't think even people attempting without study get 370.
I am going trough following material:

OG 12,OG2 for Verbal and quant.
MGMAT 5 guides for quant
MGMAT SC,Arsitotle SC grail ,Arsitotle RC99 and powescore CR.

I haven't took dates yet?

Guys your help is needed for looser 370 scorer?

Dear rram
You might be surprised to know Last year in may i gave GMAT prep for first time and scored 310 .......................I started prep searching for shortcuts to avoid long time prep and imagining to get an MBA and become CEO just overnite.

I improved to 580 - 600 level last year and gave up went back to ship..preparing slowly on ship bt its never easy to prepare while you work especially on ship, being second officer.

I gt dwn this july and after few weeks of holiday started back again gave gmat prep scored 580 i thought of killing myself such was frustration but i kept hitting....wrong decision took gmat on 1st sept out f frustration thinking i ll get atleast 600 and i ll manage thru top50 schools as i have outstanding records.
Because centre co ordinators fault got 410 now tell me, you cant imagine the pain.

But started again in late sept and still I am swinging in 650 range.

Never thinking to give up Because I know

"Man can be defeated but cant be destroyed"

Lets see till when we ( Success in Gmat and Myself) chase each other and who wins.
Its already been more than 1 year with GMAT and I must admit, I am loving it...........................
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Its just a mock exam and I would say set targets like first get above 400 then 500 etc take it in steps. My scores weren't great when I first started either but I've improved over time.

for quant if your solving OG 12 13, quant 2nd edition try out this link the free video explanations are fantastic
https://www.gmatquantum.com/

For CR I've noticed that If I don't understand the argument I always got the CR wrong so I tried to improve my reading skills and I've renamed it Critical reading lol and my accuracy has improved a lot both in CR and RC. Haven't started SC but I do give the idioms test on Gmat club almost every day best way to practice idioms IMO.

Don't let it bother you the more you do that, it will have a negative impact on your scores. Just work hard and be persistent and the results will improve :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys for motivation :-)
I just have 2 month in my hand because i have to apply for next intake.
I thought i have improved lot in SC and my accuracy level was 70% in e-gmat sc diagnostic test,which i have given one day before test.
@nelz007 : you are right ,in CR when i don't understood argument, there is something i always miss.

In RC i was doing pretty decent , my problem area is inference and supporting ideas.
After concluding all of the above, i was thinking i am in right track and will able to hit atleast 600 score range.

but when it comes to giving exam some what i always loose my concentration and confidence.

I have started with MGMAT guides and already signed for e-gmat sc course.
Any more advice needed?
Director
Director
Send PM
rrram wrote:
I thought i have improved lot in SC and my accuracy level was 70% in e-gmat sc diagnostic test,which i have given one day before test.
@nelz007 : you are right ,in CR when i don't understood argument, there is something i always miss.

In RC i was doing pretty decent , my problem area is inference and supporting ideas.
After concluding all of the above, i was thinking i am in right track and will able to hit atleast 600 score range.

but when it comes to giving exam some what i always loose my concentration and confidence.

Any more advice needed?

I would suggest for practice try grockit , subscription fee is just 700 rupee
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
rrram wrote:

Any more advice needed?

Archit- Why is Grockit useful? Do they just have practice tests or grockit has analytical capabilties as well the way we have in MGMAT tests...
Director
Director
Send PM
RJSPO wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
rrram wrote:

Any more advice needed?

Archit- Why is Grockit useful? Do they just have practice tests or grockit has analytical capabilties as well the way we have in MGMAT tests...

Few plus points about grockit is

1. You have timed questions. I mean if you dont answer the question it will move to other. thats really great.
2. There are group of students who practice at same time and you can have discussion same time also.
3. You can review the questions , it is explained video by instructor, which are real good explanations.
4. You can take diagnostic tests.
5. You can set the difficulty level of the set you want to practice.
6. Moreover questions are not just silly ones they are good, from og and other source as well.

What else you want in just 700 rupees.

Negetive point.

1. You need a first and continuous net speed.

I think Grockit is good for those who want to practice timed questions.

Surely , you will feel boost in your confidence.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hello frens

Today i took GMAT prep 1 it was full length test with IR and AWA

Here is the breakdown :

560 Q 42 V 25

Quant 22 questions correct.
Verbal 25 questions correct.

Last GMAT prep which i took in month of july i scored 460......................100 points increase in the score.
Next target 650 Q45 V 31+

Steps:-
Will focus on quant going to buy TOTAL GMAT MATH................Guys pls suggest is it right a step completed MGMAT.
GROCKIT
GMAT Club

I dont know how to go about verbal i want to improve atleast 5 points which is achievable

Here is the breakdown of verbal score

41 questions
Correct 25
Incorrect 15

SC 9/18
CR 7/10
RC 9/13

I started focussing on RC by reading editorial of Business standard and it is really helping. I got two back to back RC but handles it coolly

I am not sure of hitting again 7/10 in CR
SC i am sure can improve by 4-5 questions atleast.

Pls suggest steps that i should take for Verbal and Quant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
Hello frens

Here is the breakdown :

560 Q 42 V 25

Last GMAT prep which i took in month of july i scored 460......................100 points increase in the score.

Will focus on quant going to buy TOTAL GMAT MATH................Guys pls suggest is it right a step completed MGMAT.
GROCKIT
GMAT Club

I dont know how to go about verbal i want to improve atleast 5 points which is achievable

41 questions
Correct 25
Incorrect 15

SC 9/18
CR 7/10
RC 9/13

I started focussing on RC by reading editorial of Business standard and it is really helping. I got two back to back RC but handles it coolly

Improving on SC would really boost your score. Also have a look at this link

gmat-prep-analysis-tool-102803.html
un-scientific-analysis-of-gmatprep-64970.html

If you manage to get most of the first 10 - 15 questions right your score could improve a lot. So that could actually boost your score analyze the gmat prep again and see how you did on the first 10 - 15 questions. Try e-gmat for verbal should help out. for quant following the material you have should help.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Quote:
GROCKIT
GMAT Club

Improving from 550-650 does not require a lot of advanced material for quant, but careful, patient, and smart study of the basic material like the MGMAT set and OG13. Try to sole OG problems in sets of 30 each and time yourself (time pressure is very important). After every set go over the explanations even for your correct answers and compare approaches that you used to the official approaches. Sometimes the technique we learn in school are not optimum for soling GMAT problems in under 2 minutes, try to learn newer techniques which may be uncomfortable at first but will benefit your timing in the long run.

For Verbal, go over the Basic Grammar rules. The Gmat Club Grammar books if free and is an excellent recourse. Go through it patiently and spend a good amount of time learning the basics. Read the SC guide at least twice before you take another CAT. Sentence correction can easily be improved upon if you spend time to learn and revise the rules.

CR and RC are more instinctive. If they do not come naturally to you, go over the Power Score or MGMAT CR book in depth, make your notes for rules and go over a chapter every day until you are able to master the various categories of questions. Again no need to do anything special or extra (such as LSAT questions or CR500 , 1000 or 1 million etc ;) ). Practice Strategic reading - Try to go to the website of publications such as The economist, Wall street journal etc, and read articles and try to summarize each para in 1-2 lines ..

It is pretty safe to say that one does not really need ADVANCED prep material over and above the MGMAT guides, OG's , GMATCLUB forum questions (not club tests) and other free material available on the internet in order to get to 650. The aim should be to PRACTICE PRACTICE and PRACTICE the basics and attempt in a timed condition EASY - MEDIUM difficulty level questions .
Director
Director
Send PM
Thanx fro your advise,
have started all over again with OG 13 after finishing it, i ll switch to OG 12. In conjunction to both practicing more from GROCKIT. Lets see how things turn around.

Archit
Director
Director
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
Hello frens

Here is the breakdown :

560 Q 42 V 25

GROCKIT
GMAT Club

41 questions
Correct 25
Incorrect 15

SC 9/18
CR 7/10
RC 9/13

Took a MGMAT CAT scored 610 Q 45 V 30
To Some extent Problem of SC and CR solved but i performed badly on RC......

Moreover,I felt i gt wrong 3 question in quant, which shoud have gotten right....DID those 3 mattered for Q 47........
Verbal also i gt 3 questions wrong which i would have go right.

6 question on a whole...how much does affect the score...I mean do they bring down your score by 2 raw point sectionally and a total of 20 - 30 points.......

Reagrds

Archit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Quote:
Verbal also i gt 3 questions wrong which i would have go right.

Did you get just 3 questions wrong in the verbal section? If so, then you should be getting a score quite different from a V30. I got 6 wrong in the GMATPREP and scored a V44 , and the second time got 10 wrong and scored a 39 ..
GMAT Club Bot