Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 01:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

3rd attempt at the GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
3rd attempt at the GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 May 2014, 04:35
This post received
KUDOS
Hi, I would like to get some advice from experts.

I have already written the GMAT twice, once in dec 2012 and next in oct 2013. Scored 680 and 640 respectively in the two tests. Although I was quite well prepared in the second attempt, scoring 740 in both the gmatprep test, I could only score 640 on the actual test. Main reason is that I got distracted while writing the test and that brought down my verbal score.
I have been preparing for my third attempt for the past 2 months and I think that I am well prepared. But I do not know how to test myself. I have exhausted all the study material that I had, used up MCATS, and the 4 (2+2) gmatprep test papers. I wrote a Kaplan mock test recently and scored a 710 on it. I am not sure how to test myself? Which test papers to use? I am targeting a score of ~750.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: 3rd attempt at the GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 02:38
18.kartik wrote:
Hi, I would like to get some advice from experts.

I have already written the GMAT twice, once in dec 2012 and next in oct 2013. Scored 680 and 640 respectively in the two tests. Although I was quite well prepared in the second attempt, scoring 740 in both the gmatprep test, I could only score 640 on the actual test. Main reason is that I got distracted while writing the test and that brought down my verbal score.
I have been preparing for my third attempt for the past 2 months and I think that I am well prepared. But I do not know how to test myself. I have exhausted all the study material that I had, used up MCATS, and the 4 (2+2) gmatprep test papers. I wrote a Kaplan mock test recently and scored a 710 on it. I am not sure how to test myself? Which test papers to use? I am targeting a score of ~750.

Hey, first of all kudos for not giving up. Kaplan free mock test(Or for the matter any free test) is a bit harder than the tests they provide with their classroom/on-line program. So a 710 is respectable.
For resources, I would suggest
1. Exam Pack (best resource for you, use it as a benchmark)
2. GMAT CLUB TESTS
3. GMAT FOCUS(Math only)

4. For full length cats (if you can signup for an online course or tests package) check out this thread
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html
I took the Kaplan on-demand course in the end, because I was in the same situation as you. The on-demand course comes with 9 cats.

while(1) { "I Love GMAT" . "I Hate GMAT" } .. BREAK .. Thank god this is over, but now I miss it!!
My Debrief - Broken Shackles 600-750 http://gmatclub.com/forum/broken-shackles-600-to-170870.html

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: 3rd attempt at the GMAT [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 13:12
Expert's post
Chiming in to add that Economist GMAT Tutor offers one free practice test with its one week free trial. If you'd like, you can sign up for a free trial here: http://gmat.economist.com

Regards,

Elizabeth

http://econgm.at/GCfreetrial
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: 3rd attempt at the GMAT   [#permalink] 15 May 2014, 13:12