With GPA of 2.45 and GMAT 650, it is very difficult to get into any of top 15 schools unless you have some other outstanding achievements on your resume.
If you are targeting schools in the range (16 to 35), I think you have a good chance.
Two strong points in your application:
Family business can act as both positive and negative. If you can articulate your vision properly, I have seen people getting into decent schools.
If you can show good leadership examples, you can even get into top 15 schools as well.
- Get ready for the interview
1. 27 yr old male from India with a bachelor’s degree from US university and 6yrs work ex in India
2. Bachelors in International Studies and minor in Economics from Ohio State University, GPA 2.45
3. I am giving GMAT in the last week of march 2012, expecting 650
4. WE 1(2010-till date) – 2years in a School Management company as Zonal Head( responsible for P&L of 10 centers)
5. WE 1 – 4years in Family Business as Manager Operations and other positions
6. Member of JCI India – Involved in many community development projects
7. I want to work for 2-3yrs in a Fortune 100 company and go back to India to run family business
8. I am thinking of applying for Round 3 for five schools in top 35. I know this is kind of late but due to personal issues I couldn’t apply in Round 1 or 2.
9. As most of the applicants from Consulting/IT backgrounds, will my profile have an edge over them?
10. I don’t want to wait till fall 2013 as there will not be any change in my profile other than adding 1more year to my work ex. With the above criteria, can I go for round 3? And what are my chances of getting in to any of the top 35 schools in the US?