Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

3rd try today 620... from 480 580. ADVICE PLS -positive soul

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 40

GMAT ToolKit User
3rd try today 620... from 480 580. ADVICE PLS -positive soul [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 14:05
• 1st official attempt: 480 (Q 39, V 18), in Jan 2011
• 2nd official attempt: 580 (Q 40, V30), in April 2011
today 620 (Q 47, V28), I was really expecting much more than this and I was confident that I would probably rock on verbal as I prepared almost 100% verbal this time. at then end, i am more comfortable with verbal than quant.

I actually know why verbal even went down this time.. TIME MANAGEMENT!! I started verbal with 3 really difficult SC then very hard CR, i could tell the difficulty of them as I was getting really good at solving hard SC and CR questions... I guess I was doing really well at the beginning of verbal, so I started to get really hard questions consecutively so I spent too much time to make sure I am making the right choice... so at the end I had forget the time and DIDNT FINISH VERBAL, I couldnt even guess them....completely stupid... I guess the penalty i paid was high...

SO I would it again IF I can.., but tomorrow is the school last deadline to submit the score (I already got a conditional offer on GMAT), so even I am willing to do it again its not possible anymore for this year's intake.

However, I still would like to convince admin that they should still accept me.. but I would like to know if any of you any advice, suggestions, strategies on how I should approach the admin.

- I got conditional offer on GMAT, means as soon as I achieve their 650 minimum score I am in basically, which means that out of those criteria they evaluate candidates I full all but GMAT
- they write under the admission policy that under special circumstances they accept lower than 650 scores with strong profile....

so do have a strong profile? I believe so! but is a strong profile? how shall i convince them that I do have? I dont know.. maybe you guys can give me any advice on this? how common do school except low 600 scores? is there any professions i could ask for help?

I told them I will inform them once I take the exam today, so I would like to write an email to ask them to or better convince them they still should take me! HOW SHALL I WRITE? I dont want to sound as if i am begging for seat I also dont want to sound like i am the best of the best or something like that...

any help?please...

ps. I took 3 pain killers during the exams as I had a terrible headache since i woke up..., what i am trying to say?? while maybe to just to comfort myself that today wasnt just the most lucky day of my life....

pps. i must have tons of grammar, parallel concision mistakes, please correct them under this thread - warning dont practice with these sentences as you wont expect such standard on GMAT lol

InspiredAnimal with a positive soul

Don't forget Kudo if you like my answer :)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

Re: 3rd try today 620... from 480 580. ADVICE PLS -positive soul [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 22:10
InspiredAnimal wrote:
However, I still would like to convince admin that they should still accept me.. but I would like to know if any of you any advice, suggestions, strategies on how I should approach the admin.

If you read Prof. Stewart Diamond's book on negotiations "Getting More" you will discover that this is probably a good case for using the "Standards" tool. Long story short, meet with the head of the Adcom in person, and ask the them if they have ever admitted anyone with a lower score. And if they have, then ask for a similar exception.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 3rd try today 620... from 480 580. ADVICE PLS -positive soul   [#permalink] 30 May 2011, 22:10