Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 2.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32899 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Re: 450/430 Mock Test Score Help needed [#permalink]
Kudos
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ehsan090,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Studies
1. Honestly It was on and off never given too much attention I was studying 1~2 hours daily since Nov.
2. I need anything above 600
3. My Quant is a little better than Verbal I am pathetic at SC

Goals
4. As said earlier anything above 600
5. 22nd is 1st deadline I can extend it upto March end maximum
6. LUMS and IBA - Pakistan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
SajjadAhmad wrote:
ehsan090 wrote:
Hello friends
I am in immense stress as my GMAT test is scheduled on 20th Feb. Please guide what I should do I need to score atleast 610+. Anything that sail my boat I can even ready to invest some money as well in Preparation material currently using Kaplan and Manhattan Material

As 15 feb is not far away from today, so follow just one material

Sajjad bro
Thanks for time yes I am now sticked with OG and evaluating my weaknesses on which I am previously noy paying attention what you suggest
Any useful suggestion to grab a decent score from this point?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ehsan090,

Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH practice CATs (with the Essay and IR sections) yet? I ask because the scores from those practice Exams can help to define what you need to work on to hit your score goal. If you have, then please list out those score results. If you have not taken any yet, then we have no idea how 'ready' you are to face the Official GMAT - and you really MUST take one soon.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ehsan090,

Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH practice CATs (with the Essay and IR sections) yet? I ask because the scores from those practice Exams can help to define what you need to work on to hit your score goal. If you have, then please list out those score results. If you have not taken any yet, then we have no idea how 'ready' you are to face the Official GMAT - and you really MUST take one soon.

Rich

The both tests I took were without IR/Essay and dont care much about them either at this point of time I just wanted to enhance my Verbal score which is restricting me to cross 500 yes I need a little improvement in Quant too for achieving this first target what you say here are my report cards of the two

1st Test(450)
Verbal 18 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
2nd Test(430)
Verbal 16 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
What you say?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Its a short time, no doubt. But when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. PM me and I shall be happy to check what is going wrong.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 110
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
ehsan090 wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ehsan090,

Rich

The both tests I took were without IR/Essay and dont care much about them either at this point of time I just wanted to enhance my Verbal score which is restricting me to cross 500 yes I need a little improvement in Quant too for achieving this first target what you say here are my report cards of the two

1st Test(450)
Verbal 18 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
2nd Test(430)
Verbal 16 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
What you say?

If you can postpone your test date at least one month I think you have a better chance at pushing past 600. Focus on your weakness such as SC or CR to drastically improve your score. SC is probably the easiest way to improve your verbal score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abulsirr wrote:
ehsan090 wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ehsan090,

Rich

1st Test(450)
Verbal 18 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
2nd Test(430)
Verbal 16 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
What you say?

If you can postpone your test date at least one month I think you have a better chance at pushing past 600. Focus on your weakness such as SC or CR to drastically improve your score. SC is probably the easiest way to improve your verbal score.

Actually the bad part I cannot since already delayed it much and already taking at last moments
Yes I didnot able to score above 30% both times when attempted so since last 2 days focusing on SC Only
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: IIMB
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V22
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
ehsan090 wrote:
Hello friends
I am in immense stress as my GMAT test is scheduled on 20th Feb. Please guide what I should do I need to score atleast 610+. Anything that sail my boat I can even ready to invest some money as well in Preparation material currently using Kaplan and Manhattan Material

Hi,

I am no expert. But I can suggest you few points.

As Feb20 is not far, you have very limited time. Use your time wisely and know your strong points.

- If your math score is comparatively better than verbal, dedicate more time for quant and get the maximum out of it. Probability of improving quant score in given time is more than that of verbal.
- To improve on verbal part, solve more OG questions. (Also available on GMAT Club)(official-guide-verbal-question-directory-og-13-and-og-161949.html#p1281200)
Focus on the things you know and try to improve. You can still reach 600+

All the best!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 530 Q40 V23
GPA: 3.56
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
If you really intend to appear on the test on 20th Feb, stick to your schedule with confidence. With solid foundation and test skill, anyone can beat the test with light prep.

- Practice ONLY OG materials.
- Avoid hard questions.
- Assess your strong & weak zone
- Rehearse and get proper idea about your time management skill.

That's all. face it and win it. best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RMD007 wrote:
ehsan090 wrote:
Hello friends

Hi,

As Feb20 is not far, you have very limited time. Use your time wisely and know your strong points.

- If your math score is comparatively better than verbal, dedicate more time for quant and get the maximum out of it. Probability of improving quant score in given time is more than that of verbal.
- To improve on verbal part, solve more OG questions. (Also available on GMAT Club)(official-guide-verbal-question-directory-og-13-and-og-161949.html#p1281200)

All the best!!

Thanks mate
Yes Now I am just focused on OG
Your words are of great motivation for me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: IIMB
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V22
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
ehsan090 wrote:
RMD007 wrote:
ehsan090 wrote:
Hello friends

Hi,

All the best!!

Thanks mate
Yes Now I am just focused on OG
Your words are of great motivation for me

Most Welcome!!.

I am awaiting to read your debrief on 21st FEB with your score 650+ :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
musunna wrote:
If you really intend to appear on the test on 20th Feb, stick to your schedule with confidence. With solid foundation and test skill, anyone can beat the test with light prep.

- Practice ONLY OG materials.
- Avoid hard questions.
- Assess your strong & weak zone
- Rehearse and get proper idea about your time management skill.

That's all. face it and win it. best of luck.

Thanks bro I hope I can trash it since I just have to touch 600 or a slight lower side is also acceptable fingers crossed lets see :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ehsan090,

In your initial post, you stated that you needed to score 610+, but in this recent post you state that you want to "cross 500" - those are significantly DIFFERENT goals, so you have to clearly define what you're attempting to accomplish before I can offer you the appropriate advice.

In addition, you're going to have to deal with the Essay and IR sections of the GMAT on Test Day, so you shouldn't skip over those sections when you practice. By doing so, you end up taking a shorter, easier Exam that likely has led to 'inflated' score results. Many Business Schools expect you to score at a certain minimal level in the AWA section of the Test, so you should be practicing your essay-writing skills now (so that you can efficiently work through that section on Test Day).

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ehsan090,

In your initial post, you stated that you needed to score 610+, but in this recent post you state that you want to "cross 500" - those are significantly DIFFERENT goals, so you have to clearly define what you're attempting to accomplish before I can offer you the appropriate advice.

In addition, you're going to have to deal with the Essay and IR sections of the GMAT on Test Day, so you shouldn't skip over those sections when you practice. By doing so, you end up taking a shorter, easier Exam that likely has led to 'inflated' score results. Many Business Schools expect you to score at a certain minimal level in the AWA section of the Test, so you should be practicing your essay-writing skills now (so that you can efficiently work through that section on Test Day).

Rich

1st goal 600+ but a slight downside like 580 at worst will be acceptable
Manager
Manager
Send PM
450/430 Mock Test Score Help needed [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ehsan090,

Rich

The school where I am applying doesnot bother much about AWA and IR but have to get something on that section too secondly their requirement to get into safely is 580 but I aiming 600+ but still if I manage to hit 580 but not less than that It will be managable
My intended school is LUMS(Lahore University of Management Sciences),Pakistan
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
ehsan090 wrote:
Abulsirr wrote:
ehsan090 wrote:

1st Test(450)
Verbal 18 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
2nd Test(430)
Verbal 16 of 60
Quant 34 of 60
What you say?

Actually the bad part I cannot since already delayed it much and already taking at last moments
Yes I didnot able to score above 30% both times when attempted so since last 2 days focusing on SC Only

Good idea to focus on SC first. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, It worked out for me now I am hitting Correct target with slight +/- 50 Accuracy in SC
-
Guys, Please keep the good inputs coming I am thinking to purchase EGMAT what you say?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2