Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

460 ->580-> ? Tough it is

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 460 Q35 V20
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User
460 ->580-> ? Tough it is [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 06:15
Guys,

So here I go back from the GMAT center with a dismal 580 47 Q 23 V.

This is my second attempt . In the first attempt It was 460 35 Q 20 V.

So i would say Quants is okay but verbal I'm not sure where it went wrong!

It would have been okay if atleast I scored poorly in mock tests, but that has not been the case! I scored a 710 ( 49 Q , 38 V) 2 days back and a week before that a 690 ( 44 Q 39 V) in MGMAT.

Now the bigger problem is how do i evaluate my self? I cannot settle for anything less than 680 and I'm sure I have the ability to reach there,but some thin basic is missing in the Verbal preparation.

This is where I wan the experts view on my verbal Area

Experience after 460 .

I gave up everything, I'm with the IT industry in south asia and it is pretty demanding in terms of time and effort
So i some how always manage to spend 3-4 hrs for gmat preparation and week ends around 4- 5 hrs.

Verbal preparation :

I was comfortable with all the rules and CR and RC were also okay . During mock tests i Used to breeze through the SC questions which really boosted my confidence , but the GMAT exam showed me where i stand.It gives kinda a inferior feeling when you get such low scores.

So coming back to test experience, the SC questions were completely diff and long with the whole sentence underlined which meant that I had to narrow down to 3 choices and it was tough for me to confidently select the correct one.In the effort to get the SC's correct, i had to spend extra time to solve them which finally screwed up other areas resulting in this pathetic score.!

I really want some one to help me out in figuring what could have gone wrong ? Esp when my verbal score s
>35 in mock tests!.

Am I missing some thing basic here?

Kindly help me. I'm looking to take this exam in another 2 months!

This time i gotta reach that 680 score.

One point I noticed was that the CR questions, I was just reading through them and not comprehending. I mean it was just blank!!!

i was trying to strengthen / weaken and it just wasn't working in my brain..

guys pls post you suggestions/advices to get going from here to 680( I'm sure there would many folks who wouls have gone thru this!)

Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
460 ->580-> ? Tough it is   [#permalink] 14 May 2012, 06:15