Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 21:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-01-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 17:33
MGMAT #1 480 (Q28, V27)
MGMAT #2 550 (Q38, V28)
MGMAT #3 550 (Q37, V29)
MGMAT #4 610 (Q36, V37)
MGMAT #5 490 (Q28, V30)
MGMAT #6 580 (Q37, V33)

And today..

GMAT Prep #1 480 (Q33, V24)

Ended up with 11/14 CR, 5/12 RC, and 6/15 SC. RC had one passage that killed me. I'm just baffled at my SC.

Been studying for about 3-4 months now. This past week I focused on verbal like no other. And if anything, I neglected quant. I'm content with the Q33, although come the actual test I'd like to be around Q36-Q40. I did problems on GMAT Club and the GMAT Club Grammar Book, mainly SC since that was my issue, getting 80-90% correct.

I'm hoping for any score above 650. I had a lot of hope after MGMAT #4 and even after MGMAT #6, but with GMAT Prep being the most accurate mock available, I'm disappointed.

I realize the general consensus is do an error log, review the types of problems I'm having issues with, then practice those problems until I'm doing better than 80% or 90%, but I've gone through so much material (MGMAT, OG, GMATCLUB) I wouldn't know where to even begin an error log.

Now even sure what I'm looking for in regard to replies. I just had to share my frustrations with the people in the GMAT world.

edit: How did I get a Q33 with 11 incorrect answers? For MGMAT #2 I got a Q38 with 17 incorrect answers, MGMAT #3 a Q37 with 19 incorrect answers, MGMAT #4 a Q36 with 20 incorrect answers, and MGMAT #6 a Q37 with 19 incorrect answers. Isn't that too much of a discrepancy to be based on the algorithm?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 06:01
nevermoreflow wrote:
MGMAT #1 480 (Q28, V27)
MGMAT #2 550 (Q38, V28)
MGMAT #3 550 (Q37, V29)
MGMAT #4 610 (Q36, V37)
MGMAT #5 490 (Q28, V30)
MGMAT #6 580 (Q37, V33)

And today..

GMAT Prep #1 480 (Q33, V24)

Ended up with 11/14 CR, 5/12 RC, and 6/15 SC. RC had one passage that killed me. I'm just baffled at my SC.

Been studying for about 3-4 months now. This past week I focused on verbal like no other. And if anything, I neglected quant. I'm content with the Q33, although come the actual test I'd like to be around Q36-Q40. I did problems on GMAT Club and the GMAT Club Grammar Book, mainly SC since that was my issue, getting 80-90% correct.

I'm hoping for any score above 650. I had a lot of hope after MGMAT #4 and even after MGMAT #6, but with GMAT Prep being the most accurate mock available, I'm disappointed.

I realize the general consensus is do an error log, review the types of problems I'm having issues with, then practice those problems until I'm doing better than 80% or 90%, but I've gone through so much material (MGMAT, OG, GMATCLUB) I wouldn't know where to even begin an error log.

Now even sure what I'm looking for in regard to replies. I just had to share my frustrations with the people in the GMAT world.

edit: How did I get a Q33 with 11 incorrect answers? For MGMAT #2 I got a Q38 with 17 incorrect answers, MGMAT #3 a Q37 with 19 incorrect answers, MGMAT #4 a Q36 with 20 incorrect answers, and MGMAT #6 a Q37 with 19 incorrect answers. Isn't that too much of a discrepancy to be based on the algorithm?

Hi

Dont be bother about your mock scores, mocks are excellent way to show where you need to work more. Review your mock very carefully, write down topics and mistake types.

Go back to theory re-read them and then practice from gc club, we have a huge question bank--> viewforumtags.php

Also its not about no. of incorrect questions rather about no. of easy and medium questions that you may have got wrong.Check Gmat myth buster link in my signature.

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

MBA Blogger
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Schools: HBS '16, Fuqua
GMAT 1: 510 Q25 V36
GMAT 2: 510 Q29 V31
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 08:40
Change how your learning. I had similar problem lots work but no impact.

I changed from book learning to an online course and a private maths tutor. I could see the change in results.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 16:02
I'm debating on whether or not to take an online course. Maybe some structure to my studying habits would help.

prateekbhatt wrote:
Also its not about no. of incorrect questions rather about no. of easy and medium questions that you may have got wrong.Check Gmat myth buster link in my signature.

Which link?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8800 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 16:07
Expert's post
It is really about improving your knowledge, skills, and basics.
You need guidebooks to study....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 20:05
bb wrote:

I've gone through the all the MGMT books, including the Foundations of Math. I know the material, I just feel my study habits are not consistent. I'm thinking maybe an online course will help me stay focused, and having someone read me the rules may help it stick. I watched a sample GMAT Pill video and though it was done well.

My goal is to get my verbal to at least V40, hopefully V45. I have no idea wtf happened with the GMAT prep test. I'm tempted to take the second one sooner rather than later to wash the bad taste the first left in my mouth, but wasting a test like that would be a bad idea. My quant is what I'm worried about. I can't see myself improving in math too much. It really is my weakpoint. I'm aiming for the upper V30s.
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2013, 05:34
nevermoreflow wrote:
bb wrote:

I've gone through the all the MGMT books, including the Foundations of Math. I know the material, I just feel my study habits are not consistent. I'm thinking maybe an online course will help me stay focused, and having someone read me the rules may help it stick. I watched a sample GMAT Pill video and though it was done well.

My goal is to get my verbal to at least V40, hopefully V45. I have no idea wtf happened with the GMAT prep test. I'm tempted to take the second one sooner rather than later to wash the bad taste the first left in my mouth, but wasting a test like that would be a bad idea. My quant is what I'm worried about. I can't see myself improving in math too much. It really is my weakpoint. I'm aiming for the upper V30s.

This link..gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

There are some good online courses available veritas, e-gmat to name a few. You may want to check the review section before buying..

http://gmatclub.com/marketplace/courses.xhtml?fl=menu

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern

Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 19:10
I looked over the courses and I feel the most comfortable with GMAT Pill. How can I get a hold of one of their representatives here? I'd like one of them to chime in regards to my particular situation.
Director
Director

Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 06:31
nevermoreflow wrote:
I looked over the courses and I feel the most comfortable with GMAT Pill. How can I get a hold of one of their representatives here? I'd like one of them to chime in regards to my particular situation.

Post your query here..

ask-gmat-pill-video-gmat-course-333-discount-250-bonus-110700.html

Or you can PM here..

members/member-65181.html

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What? [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2013, 09:43
I think the main thing for you is still to start an Error Log.

It sounds like right now you're hesitant to start it because you don't know where to start - but that also sounds like you can't be bothered to start one. While doing mocks are important, studying and understanding what problems you are making mistakes on are even more important.

Just start with your MGMAT guides for your error log and go from there.

Good luck,
Rich
Re: 480 -> 5 Mocks later -> 480 .. Now What?   [#permalink] 20 Oct 2013, 09:43