Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: 490 to 550 Need 600 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
taryn101 wrote:
I am going to try the GMAT for the 3rd time.
The first time I got a 490 (Q25 V33)
Freaked out on math and got lower than any of the practice exams I took. Overall, did not study very hard, and relied mostly on what sounded right for verbal.
Second time 540 (Q32 V33)

My goal is to raise my score to at least 600 but I only have a month. I am currently reading/studying the Math Bible and Manhattan SC book. I unfortunately did not read this blog previously and already did the majority of the OG11 problems for quantitative. I found that these questions were on average easier than what I got on the test however. They told me I wouldn't have any standard deviation questions unless I was doing really well and somehow I got more than 3.
I was wondering if anyone had advice for what other preparation I should do. Most of what I find on this blog is for people aiming for 700, is there something a step down? I understand the basic math foundations but have trouble grasping how to begin the word problems.

Thanks!

Thank you for your post - indeed the majority here seems to be catching the elusive 700.
A good resource/book for your needs is Kaplan Math Foundations if you have access to Amazon/bookstore where you live.

Also, Kaplan Math Workbook (after the Foundations) is a good chaser.

For verbal, I would recommend any of the Verbal GMAT Books - with a month left, you don't have a ton of time, so pick your areas that you want improve - you probably have time for only math and 1 verbal area (CR, RC, or SC)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 490 to 550 Need 600 [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts