Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:34

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

5 Weeks for taking my GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

5 Weeks for taking my GMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 08:24
Hi,

I have been an active visitor of the website and thanks to all the people who share their experience and stratgies for GMAT.

I joined GMATClub in Sep 2006 and I statred my GMAT preparation sometime in late November. Its been quite sometime with my preparation but i am not completely satisfied with the same.

After reading some blogs in the forum, i purchased quite some GMAT books; OG11, OG (Quant and Verbal), Kaplan (Quant and Verbal), Princeton Review, PR (Quant and Verbal), Nova Guide and i almost covered all the books.

I read somewhere that Kaplan presents more difficult questions than the real GAMT. My concern is that i was able to do the questions in the book without much problem. Does that mean I am ready for GMAT? (My exam is scheduled Feb 24, 2007) .

Can anyone advice me for the kind of prepartion one need when left with five weeks for GMAT exam?

Also, can someone just thoroughly read the SC, RC, CR , PS, DS 1000 and be ready for GMAT to get 700 + score?

Any kind of advice is appreciated.

Regards
sgoll
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 08:43
Please, please, if you think that Kaplan is "easy", just do not loose endurance, it is quite important that by the time you take the test you have enough physical preparation for that, it is like a marathon, imagine if someone is ready for the NYC marathon 1 mth before, but this last month he or she stops trainning, this athlete will not make his or her best.

IMO Gmat is the same, you need to know the principles involved, have a time strategy but most of all be prepared to withstand 4 stressfull hours.

Take a CAT now (Kaplan, PR) see how it goes, save the GMATprep for the week before the real thing, but stay sharp.

Good Luck!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 08:53
IMO Kaplan itself is peanuts. Kaplan GMAT 800 is hardcore.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 00:23
I think that GMAT questions are trickier than those in most of the books out there. They have some favorite concepts and tricks that can only be found in the OG and the GMATPrep software. I would suggest give atleast the quant portion of the GMATPrep tests to reach to as many different and tough questions as you can.
I found the math questions in the OG11 diagnostic to be tougher than those in most of the kaplan and pr books.
The manhattan tests were pretty good in testing the math concepts. Solve those if you can.
Send me a PM with your email, I'll send you some more helpful quant material that made a difference in my prep.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Full length Test [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 16:21
Hey friends!

Thanks for all your valuable advice. I took my first full length online test from PR, and it was an eye opener for me. I scored a horrible 450 (36Q, 17V). It came as a surprise to me as i always had good scores in the OG and PR diagnostic tests.

In math i did silly mistakes which brought down my score and which i need to work upon. So I better pull up my socks and concentrate more on Verbal.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2007, 02:50
The best way to prepare is to train real GMAt questions with the GMATPrep
  [#permalink] 02 Feb 2007, 02:50