Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

5 weeks GMAT Journal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 3

5 weeks GMAT Journal [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 05:38
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All

I'm appearing for GMAT in 5 weeks around Aug 26,2012. I want to apply for R1. Is it late? Its my second attempt at it. I gave it 2 months back on June 1,2012 and scored just 640 (Q50 V 26) after consistently getting around 34-38 in verbal in practice tests. I don't want it to happen again.
I'm starting my preparation today. I've full day working job but I've full night that I can devote to accomplish my dream.
I need to give full attention to the Verbal Part. Here are the resources that I'm going to cover this time:
SC- MGMAT SC, SCGrail, OG12, Verbal Review 2, GMAT Question Pack, Kaplan 800
CR- CR Bible, OG12, Verbal Review 2, GMAT Question Pack, Kaplan 800
RC - RC99, OG12, Verbal Review 2, GMAT Question Pack, Kaplan 800

Quant- I want to take my score to 51. I don't know what to do, need advice!!!

Practice tests: MGMAT Practice Tests (I'll be redoing all the tests as I've used all tests the first time)

I'm going to follow my day to day progress in this topic. I'll need a lot of help from you guys in achieving a 720+ score.

Thanks,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: 5 weeks GMAT Journal [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 10:30
This post received
KUDOS
Its been 2 days down the track. Yesterday, I practiced 4 RC from RC99.Also, I have completed CH-1-10 of MGMAT SC guide(have read it 3-4 times earlier,so it didn't take much time) and 60 SC questions from OG12(got only 4-5 questions wrong).

I had not given any practice test after last GMAT,so wrote Veritas free GMAT practice test - got 640 (Q51 V28) :((
verbal score is nearly same that I got in real GMAT.

Test analysis showed :
Que 1-10- 4 wrong in a row (3 RC and 1 CR)
Que 11-20 - 1 wrong (1 CR)
Que 21-30 - 4 wrong (1 RC, 2 CR and 1 SC)
Que 31-41 - 7 wrong in a row (4 RC, 2 CR and 1 SC)
In total I got 16 questions wrong - 8 RC, 6 CR and 2 SC

Clearly, I need to improve a lot on RC. PRACTICE is the key I guess. So, lets increase the number of passages that I practice daily and religiously follow the concepts that I've got after reading MGMAT RC guide.

For CR, I'll start CR Bible tomorrow. I'll lay my hands on this book for the first time. Lets see how much I can learn from this book. I've read really good reviews about it.

And for SC, I'll complete MGMAT SC guide tomorrow and start with SCGrail day after tomorrow and simultaneously practice from OG12.

The task at hand to take my verbal score from current 28 to above 40 in 5 weeks seems difficult.But I believe everything is Possible. Lets give it a fight!!!

Gotta review all questions in detail from this practice test and then probably I'll go to sleep. Good night all :))
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: 5 weeks GMAT Journal [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 10:46
Hi clubgmatuser,

I guess we are in the same boat. I gave my GMAT in May and scored a dismal 610.. :( I will retake in September first week. I wanted to know from where are you practicing the RC questions?? I really need more practice in RC. I have finished the RC questions in the OG and Verbal Review 2.

negative
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: 5 weeks GMAT Journal [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 18:31
This post received
KUDOS
negative wrote:
Hi clubgmatuser,

I guess we are in the same boat. I gave my GMAT in May and scored a dismal 610.. :( I will retake in September first week. I wanted to know from where are you practicing the RC questions?? I really need more practice in RC. I have finished the RC questions in the OG and Verbal Review 2.

negative

Hi
I'm using RC99 for RC.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: 5 weeks GMAT Journal [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 23:15
This post received
KUDOS
Till now I've covered:
MGMAT SC Guide(completed)
SC Grail Theory Part (I'll start with the 100 practice questions today)
CR Bible Ch- 1-8 (I found this book very helpful and the problems that are given within the chapters are also very well explained. I'll refer this book over MGMAT CR Guide.I need 2-3 more days to finish all chapters)
and 12 passages from RC99.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: 5 weeks GMAT Journal [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 01:17
Nice going !! Good luck :)
Re: 5 weeks GMAT Journal   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2012, 01:17