Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

50 point variation in GMAT PREP-1 & 2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
50 point variation in GMAT PREP-1 & 2 [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 15:24
Hi,
I am going to take GMAT on Dec 10 and took this week off.
I scored 670 on GMAT PREP-1 on Nov 30 ( Q48, V34). I was happy with that.
Today Dec 04 I took GMAT PREP-2 620 (Q49, V25). I found verbal hard and got 2 RC together and ended doing 6 questions wrong in sequence because I was rushing and RC were tough too. 620 was really frustrating.

Any ideas?
What should I expect in real test ?

Well when I was taking MGMAT tests in Nov 2012 my score was always between 640-660 and touched 700 only once. Verbal was always around 30 (+,- 2) and Quant was always around 49 (+,- 1).

620 on GMAT Prep 2 has shattered me and I am giving 85% of my time to verbal since last 4 weeks.
Any suggestions ?

Regards
Nishant
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2621 [0], given: 696

Re: 50 point variation in GMAT PREP-1 & 2 [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 15:39
Expert's post
The only suggestion in my opinion is to take some question from about all area of content. and that's it.

No stress. The most of work is done. Do not rush on the questions during the exam and on the other hand do not do the same mistake of gmatprep: wrong answers in a row, you have huge penalty for this, this is one of explanation of you score decrease.

Good luck ;)

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: 50 point variation in GMAT PREP-1 & 2 [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 01:06
nishants wrote:
Hi,
Today Dec 04 I took GMAT PREP-2 620 (Q49, V25). I found verbal hard and got 2 RC together and ended doing 6 questions wrong in sequence because I was rushing and RC were tough too. 620 was really frustrating.

Any ideas?

Well when I was taking MGMAT tests in Nov 2012 my score was always between 640-660 and touched 700 only once. Verbal was always around 30 (+,- 2) and Quant was always around 49 (+,- 1).

620 on GMAT Prep 2 has shattered me and I am giving 85% of my time to verbal since last 4 weeks.
Any suggestions ?

Regards
Nishant

First of all NEVER EVER PANIC.
Then make sure you do not make mistakes in a sequence. If you have to make a random guess make sure you are able to correct the next few questions.
For RC do no under estimate the importance of understanding the passage. Go through it properly and answer the questions.
If you are not able to comprehend make your best guesses. try to form a strategy by which you do get incorrect answers in a sequence.

NEVER EVER leave a question at the end even if you have to guess it blindly.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: 50 point variation in GMAT PREP-1 & 2 [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 17:55
gurpreetsingh wrote:
nishants wrote:
Hi,

Any ideas?

Any suggestions ?

Regards
Nishant

First of all NEVER EVER PANIC.
Then make sure you do not make mistakes in a sequence. If you have to make a random guess make sure you are able to correct the next few questions.
For RC do no under estimate the importance of understanding the passage. Go through it properly and answer the questions.
If you are not able to comprehend make your best guesses. try to form a strategy by which you do get incorrect answers in a sequence.

NEVER EVER leave a question at the end even if you have to guess it blindly.

Good luck and keep us updated.

One more question:

how are the IR questions in the exam and how many MSR sets come ? I feel like wasting a lot of time on them in the exam.
Re: 50 point variation in GMAT PREP-1 & 2   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2012, 17:55