In continuation the above discussion i would like to present my views on the 1000 series
1) Here i saw some of the viewers are excited about the 1000 series however Please note that the credibility of this whole series has been questioned by many experts. Refer the following forum links for better understandingthis-post-is-basically-for-new-comers-or-for-those-who-are-145483.htmlalthough-it-claims-to-delve-into-political-issues-145614.htmlthe-forbidden-city-in-beijing-from-which-the-emperors-ruled-145610.html
2) Not only the structure of many of the questions of this series is misleading and irrelevant to the GMAT but many OAs also are incorrect.
3) Moreover these questions don't have official explanation which is the much required thing - especially for verbal questions. While practicing any verbal question it is much more important to evaluate and compare our reasoning for each answer choice with that of official explanation. In my opinion this strategy differentiate between a 700+ test taker and others. As one expert (probably from Magoosh
) said in his article that each correct choice should be correct for right reason. This series takes away from us the advantage of self evaluation
4) For practice questions in my opinion the best resource is GMAT CLUB. You can imagine as of today this club has 2,45,143 members. if we assumed only 50% are active members and only 20 % of those active members each came with 1 question, then there must be about 25000 questions lingering in this amazing world. Even if we consider overlaps and ques from questionable resources (like 1000 series) we can still have 10000-15000 pure questions for the practice with OA and full discussion/explanation by community members and experts (like e-GMAT
, verculas, MGMT, Bunuel, veritas
5) I truly believe that it is futile to go with such questionable resource when we have a giant and trusted source at our home(i.e. at GMAT CLUB)
Pls do not misinterpret my views. My objection is only on 1000 series. In fact i must mention that your other collections (such as A hundred 700+ SC Questions, SC Topicwise Questions 211, GMATPREP COMPREHENSIVE SC, 125 quant) are simply invaluable. I am using them in my daily practice
A also appreciate the efforts that you have taken for this compilation.
Please Read this before Posting your question rules-for-posting-in-verbal-gmat-forum-134642.html#p1097623
When it rains, All birds occupy shelters. But Eagle is the only bird that avoids the rain by flying above the clouds.
Problems common to all. Attitude makes the difference
Concept Initiator Articles
NEW!!UPCOMING in Simplification Series - INEQUATIONS (Inequalities).