Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

5000 Practice problems for GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
31 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: PMI, ASQ
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 127

Kudos [?]: 712 [31] , given: 21

GMAT ToolKit User
5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2012, 04:50
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
The attachment contains all the question collections from 1000 series. The individual collections can be found scattered across multiple posts; I compiled them in a single attachment.

Fair warning: These are not official questions and there are a few questions in every collection which are quite shady. Most of the explanations can be found in this forum.
+1 Kudos = Thanks!
Attachments

File comment: Contains 1000 SC, CR, RC, DS, PS and Answer Key
1000 Series.zip [1.29 MiB]
Downloaded 2550 times

To download please login or register as a user

Legendary Collections
1. 700 Level Quant 2. IIM Quant 3. 100 CR from LSAT 4. 100 Legendary SC 5. 5000 Practice problems 6.125 Quant 7. 38 SC 8. 10 Full Length GMAT Pen&Paper Tests
9. 1500+ RC 10. 100 Legendary CR 11. Additional Verbal Qs 12. Additional Quant Qs

My debrief |Free essay review initiative
PM me for One-on-One Webex Tutoring

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 521 [1] , given: 103

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 21:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hey,
Could you please let us know how did you get to all of these..? I mean these 5000 practice questions; 700+ tough math question; legendary SC, CR, RC questions, 10 GMAT full length paper based tests etc...? What are the sources..?
And to what extent they're relevant to GMAT...?(as I see there is a post from IIM CAT also, technically both seem to be identical but actually CAT you might say a punch of both GMAT and GRE.So it would be great if you could let the community know how relevant and effective are these for GMAT ONLY).

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Retired Moderator
Affiliations: PMI, ASQ
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 127

Kudos [?]: 712 [0], given: 21

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 22:57
debayan222 wrote:
Hey,
Could you please let us know how did you get to all of these..? I mean these 5000 practice questions; 700+ tough math question; legendary SC, CR, RC questions, 10 GMAT full length paper based tests etc...? What are the sources..?
And to what extent they're relevant to GMAT...?(as I see there is a post from IIM CAT also, technically both seem to be identical but actually CAT you might say a punch of both GMAT and GRE.So it would be great if you could let the community know how relevant and effective are these for GMAT ONLY).

I have been crawling the internet, mostly file sharing sites for practice material. I have a lot more material than the lot I have posted, but that would be too much.
You have have hit the nail right on the head with your question regarding relevance to GMAT. Most of the material is not representative of official material, but IMO they exercise the same mental muscles that we need for cracking GMAT. Again, this is strictly my opinion - lot of people tend to differ and I respect their opinion.

I do not know the sources of most of the material. Some I do- IIM Quant is from, well, IIM entrances. 10 Full GMAT is partly from some Chinese sites and from old GMAT tests, which was pen and paper mode. 5000 problems is a collection from the famous 1000 series, which was a GMAT prep company/material. The 700+ comes allegedly from a guy who runs a coaching in B'lore. One of the CR collections is from Aristotle, who in turn, mimicked LSAT.

I would recommend you to make your judgement regarding the usefulness of the materials based on your own study techniques, and not follow them just because of x number of downloads on this. It worked for me, does not necessarily mean would work for you. Though I hope they do :)

Legendary Collections
1. 700 Level Quant 2. IIM Quant 3. 100 CR from LSAT 4. 100 Legendary SC 5. 5000 Practice problems 6.125 Quant 7. 38 SC 8. 10 Full Length GMAT Pen&Paper Tests
9. 1500+ RC 10. 100 Legendary CR 11. Additional Verbal Qs 12. Additional Quant Qs

My debrief |Free essay review initiative
PM me for One-on-One Webex Tutoring

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 52 [1] , given: 36

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 06:55
This post received
KUDOS
Amazing, you are! Thanks again.

Thanks and Regards!

P.S. +Kudos Please! in case you like my post. :)

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.86
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 07:49
wow, a lot of practice questions. Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 02:17
Hi everybody,

Thanks legenddaddy for these wonderful attachments.

However, could anyone please also attach the explanations for the 1000 RC, SC, CR, PS and DS questions.

Or probably provide me with the link for the same.

Thanks and regards,
Amit

'The best way to thank or appreciate efforts on this forum is to give Kudos.'

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 143

Kudos [?]: 903 [1] , given: 866

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 09:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
In continuation the above discussion i would like to present my views on the 1000 series

1) Here i saw some of the viewers are excited about the 1000 series; however, Please note that the credibility of this whole series has been questioned by many experts. Refer the following forum links for better understanding
this-post-is-basically-for-new-comers-or-for-those-who-are-145483.html
although-it-claims-to-delve-into-political-issues-145614.html
the-forbidden-city-in-beijing-from-which-the-emperors-ruled-145610.html

2) Not only the structure of many of the questions of this series is misleading and irrelevant to the GMAT but many OAs also are incorrect.

3) Moreover these questions don't have official explanations which are very important - especially for verbal questions. While practicing any verbal question it is much more important to evaluate and compare our reasoning for each answer choice with that of official explanation. In my opinion this strategy differentiate between a 700+ test taker and others. As one expert (probably from Magoosh or veritas) said in his/her article that each correct choice should be correct for right reason. This series takes away from us the advantage of self evaluation

4) The best resource for practice, in my opinion, is GMAT CLUB. You can imagine as of today this club has 2,45,143 members. if we assumed only 50% are active members and only 20 % of those active members each came with 1 question, then there must be about 25000 questions lingering in this amazing world. Even if we consider overlaps and ques from questionable resources (like 1000 series) we can still have 10000-15000 pure questions for the practice with OA and full discussion/explanation by community members and experts (like e-GMAT, verculas, MGMT, Bunuel, veritas, magoosh etc).

5) I truly believe that it is futile to go with such questionable resource when we have a giant and trusted source at our home(i.e. at GMAT CLUB)

@Legendaddy,
Pls do not misinterpret my views. My objection is only on 1000 series. In fact i must mention that your other collections (such as A hundred 700+ SC Questions, SC Topicwise Questions 211, GMATPREP COMPREHENSIVE SC, 125 quant) are simply invaluable. I am using them in my daily practice
A also appreciate the efforts that you have taken for this compilation.

Regards,

Abhijit

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 15:17
Thank you very much, it has been very helpful!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 47

Kudos [?]: 172 [0], given: 1

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 20:59
The quantitative tests in this collection are old Official GMAT Paper tests. A few of these paper tests are part of the GMAT Paper tests sold at mba.com, but the large majority are older than those. You will also find some of these questions to be present in the current Official GMAT Guide 13th Edition.

Dabral

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2013, 20:59