Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64909 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Send PM
Re: 510 -> 470 after 6 mnth preparation, Down but not Out. [#permalink]
anupliku wrote:
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on GMAT club :) . I am totally devastated after my 2nd attempt today :shock: .
After 6 months of preparation my score gone down form 510(Q46, V17) to 470 (Q45,V12) :? . I didn't expect this much low, expecting at least around 600. I can't figure out what went wrong from my side. I am planning to join either classroom coaching or online interactive coaching who can guide me better than me. But not sure which one will suite me.

Anupliku

Sorry about your disappointment. Your written English is very good, so I'm confident you can bring up your verbal score. You can try posting here and see if other GMAT Club members area in your area. That way you can form a private study group.

Between interactive online coaching or a classroom prep course, I'd choose the classroom prep course. Having interactions with other students can be invaluable when the way the instructor presents a topic just doesn't make sense. Another student might be able to give you another perspective that will make sense.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64909 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
anupliku wrote:

Thanks Krishna for the reply,
But I don't know any private tutor / any close friend who can guide me, can you please suggest.

There are lots of options for you depending on where you are located. You can consider a classroom program (conducted in many cities across the world), an online course (doesn't matter where you are located), private tutoring (available online and in person).

Check out this link: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/gmat-course-selector/
Put in the days that work for you and your city and country. It will give you the options. Also, feel free to get in touch with us at info@veritasprep.com to figure out what options are available to you.

Or pm me your contact details and I will get one of our course advisors to talk to you to help you figure out what will work.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
How is your timing? Are you able to finish the verbal section in time, or are you left guessing at the end?

In any case, given the wide discrepancy between your scores, you'd probably do best with private tutoring. (As Karishma says, this can be done online.) That way you can focus precisely on what's giving you trouble in verbal. A regular class would cover a lot of math you've already mastered, and it still might not address your verbal needs.
GMAT Club Bot