1)Is it better to change my prep plan and postpone the test date to somewhere around October 1st week?The schools that I am targeting have round 1 deadlines well after october 1 so that is not a problem.
Ans: i will suggest you to keep practicing for two months. and then write a mock test. If things go well then don't postpone the date, else do it!
2)How to identify specific strong and weak areas .As far as my case is concerned I am weak at almost all topics.Should I be more specific than this in terms of strength and weakness areas.?
1. Prepare a xls sheet (topic by topic).. and keep a track of your progress on a daily basis. Use color coding (Red,Orange,Green).
Red: You are weak in theory - brush up your concepts.
Orange - Done with theory but weak in application of the concepts
Green - Done with the topic
2. Register in grockit.com and start practicing from there.
3. Consult a tutor.
3)What should be my study mode.Q an V alternately daily or finish quant first then move to verbal?
- This depends on how weak/strong you are in Verbal and Quant. I will suggest you to spend equal time in both the areas if you are weak in both!
- Prepare a schedule and stick to it COME WHAT MAY!
4)Considering that I reschedule my test date to october 1st week,When should I start my practise test and at what intervals.
- Usually it is suggested to give 1 practice tests/week.
- You should start giving practice tests once you are done with all the theory and atleast a basic level of application of all the concepts in all the areas.
5)Should I keep the OG for the last or should I do OG-chapter wise as in MGMAT guides
- You should study from OG! I will suggest you to finish of theory from the books you are referring and then go to OG and solve the problems.
6)Should my prep strategy go like this->
1.Go through all concepts formulae and stuff without practising OG in both verbal and Quant.
2.Take practise test 1 to gauge .
3.Continue with OG then move to subsequent practise tests.
I will suggest the followinghow-to-start-gmat-preperations-136048.html
Hope it helps!
you must believe
How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
gmatclub topic tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
Thursdays with Ron link
Looking for a Quant tutor? Check out my post for the same!
Combined Formula Sheet :
Number Properties || Word Problems and PnC || Equations, Inequalities || Geometry
How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems