1)Is it better to change my prep plan and postpone the test date to somewhere around October 1st week?The schools that I am targeting have round 1 deadlines well after october 1 so that is not a problem.
Ans: i will suggest you to keep practicing for two months. and then write a mock test. If things go well then don't postpone the date, else do it!
2)How to identify specific strong and weak areas .As far as my case is concerned I am weak at almost all topics.Should I be more specific than this in terms of strength and weakness areas.?
1. Prepare a xls sheet (topic by topic).. and keep a track of your progress on a daily basis. Use color coding (Red,Orange,Green).
Red: You are weak in theory - brush up your concepts.
Orange - Done with theory but weak in application of the concepts
Green - Done with the topic
2. Register in grockit.com and start practicing from there.
3. Consult a tutor.
3)What should be my study mode.Q an V alternately daily or finish quant first then move to verbal?
- This depends on how weak/strong you are in Verbal and Quant. I will suggest you to spend equal time in both the areas if you are weak in both!
- Prepare a schedule and stick to it COME WHAT MAY!
4)Considering that I reschedule my test date to october 1st week,When should I start my practise test and at what intervals.
- Usually it is suggested to give 1 practice tests/week.
- You should start giving practice tests once you are done with all the theory and atleast a basic level of application of all the concepts in all the areas.
5)Should I keep the OG for the last or should I do OG-chapter wise as in MGMAT guides
- You should study from OG! I will suggest you to finish of theory from the books you are referring and then go to OG and solve the problems.
6)Should my prep strategy go like this->
1.Go through all concepts formulae and stuff without practising OG in both verbal and Quant.
2.Take practise test 1 to gauge .
3.Continue with OG then move to subsequent practise tests.
I will suggest the followinghow-to-start-gmat-preperations-136048.html
Hope it helps!
Check my Tutoring Site -> Brush My Quant
GMAT Quant Tutor
How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
Gmatclub Topic Tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems || Inequalities