Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 14:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

540 -> 580 -> 640 Need some help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

540 -> 580 -> 640 Need some help [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2004, 10:47
Hi,
I have been a silent lurker on this website for quite awhile. I took my GMAT yesterday. The score was 640, M 37 V40. I am really happy with the verbal score because my score on my first try was 28. I need some help with the math. The last time I took the test I ran out of time and guessed on the last 12 questions. Can someone recommend some difficult material that I can use to practice my timing. I find that during the test I would get really difficult word problems and spend a lot of time trying to figure out what the question is saying. I have used the following material Official Guide, Kaplan Math, Kaplan, Manhattan GMAT, Crack GMAT and Princeton review. Please note that none of these test materials reflect the difficulty of the Math on the real gmat test.

I would really appreciate the help.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2004, 10:52
Wow, that's a great score! Are you planning on only applying & only attending the top 10 schools (since you want to take it for a 4th time)?

Since you've used just about everything, I think one very helpful book for me has been the Nova Press GMAT book that you can get from their website. It has a combination of easy & difficult questions which may help. Otherwise, go to your library & get some math books & find hard word problems or other type of problems & time yourself.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2004, 13:52
carbicon, first, I want to congratulate you on your great verbal score improvement. 40V is great! Second, since you exhausted all the prep material, why don't you actively participate in this forum? There is a wealth of resource in the forums here and tens of new problems posted everyday. I would certainly like to see you participate more here. You will see your learning curve improve exponentially by sharing thoughts and ideas.

On a different note, I would tell other members reading this to take with a grain of salt the claim that "Kaplan/OG/PR math is nothing compared to the real thing". I used those 3 providers' prep material and I found it sufficient. Especially Kaplan. Kaplan is very good not only to test you on fundamentals but also to build your stamina; take some of their CATs and you will see for yourself. Take note that PR2005 is much improved and their math is tougher than the previous years' versions. OG is still good for their last 60 DS questions which are way tougher than even the real GMAT questions I ever had. I sometimes missed 6 in a row in those DS but still managed to get 49Q, 90th perc although I agree, I might not have had the toughest questions out there.

Just my 2 cents here 8-) .

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Nice job. Can you advise? [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2004, 12:06
Carbicon - nice job on your last attempt at the GMAT! The fact that you have improved should bring some smiles.

Question for you - on my last GMAT I scored 29 V. I'm trying my best improve this to +37 the next time around. Could you please share with me your strategy here?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Cara
Nice job. Can you advise?   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2004, 12:06