Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

540 - Devastated

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

540 - Devastated [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2007, 11:59
Wow - That hurt... What a b!tch this test is. I'm on the phone right now trying to reschedule. Here's my breakdown:

Overall: 540
Quantitative - 35
Verbal - 30

I was pretty nervous before and during the test. I knew I was doing poorly in Quant, but Verbal was an absolute killer. On my last practice test I got a 39V. Those were by far the hardest set of questions I've ever encountered. I'm shooting to take the test Jan 1, so hopefully I can regain form by then and get back to the 630-650 range. I'm applying to Kenan-Flagler and Kelley (despite my username!), so I know I have to re-take. Any advice on what I should focus on between now and then? Here are my last to CAT scores. These were both MGMAT.

12/19:
Overall: 590
Quantitative - 39
Verbal - 32

12/16:
Overall: 650
Quantitative - 39
Verbal - 39

By the way, I apologize to the girl who was crying at the test center... I guess I shouldn't have asked how you did.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2007, 16:12
i'm really sorry to hear your score.

...if it makes you feel any better.

i got 380, 400 and 460.

and i'll i'm aiming for is past 550.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 18:44
I had a similar experience. I was scoring 650, 660, and 680 in my last 3 practice tests, and then I took the test this past Sat. and scored a 530. I was so mad. I too thought the verbal was a killer (V28). The questions were tough right out of the gate. I messed up on the quant by getting hung up on a couple questions. I'm working on taking the test again in about 6 weeks. Here's my plan for studying:

1. Work on practice tests and questions other than OG and Prince Review
2. Work on my pacing and timing.
3. Create an error log so I can review my weaknesses

Good luck on the second time around! I'm looking at McCombs too.

Brian
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 23:32
Yup, Verbal matters a lot in GMAT. I have experienced that a moderate 46 or 47 score in quant is no more good with a verbal score on or below 20. The total score comes around 520 ~ 540. On other side 43 or 45 in verbal with 37 or 39 in quant comes 670 ~ 710 score on GMAT.

I assume that a number of untouched questions in verbal cost more than the same number of untouched questions in quant.

If anybody agrees then we can form a small study group and keep pinching on each other's prep. I am preparing for my GMAT on March 08 and mostly following the methods mentioned by bsjames2.

Anyway have a good luck to McCombs_Hopeful, mjoeb, bsjames2 and me too.
  [#permalink] 26 Dec 2007, 23:32