Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

550 --> 550

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

550 --> 550 [#permalink] New post 19 May 2007, 09:56
Q: 34; V: 32

Can't believe it..............took it in Feb and now again this morning. Not in my wildest dream did I expect this to happen. Really disappointed and not looking forward to telling all those who know I've been studying for the past months that I failed to improve by a single point. Here is a list of my practice test scores in order since the last test.

Feb: actual GMAT: 550

GMAT Prep 1: 640
PPREP 1: 580
MGMAT CAT: 650
PPREP2: 680
GMAT Prep 2: 690

Took a practice test about every other weekend. Since taking it the first time I went through all of OG11 and the Quant and Verbal guides. I had not even looked at either book previous to the first test. I'm not real sure what happened this morning, I know I went in acting rather nonchalantly and this may have led to my demise. Don't know what to do at this point. I guess I may retake it another month or so. Currently I'm utterly disappointed and am seriously dreading telling anyone who asks the unfortunate news.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 May 2007, 13:46
When you decided to take the GMAT you decided to challenge yourself in a way many don't dare to. Else most of them would have taken the GMAT too and got themselves a better life. Look them in the eye and tell them you plan to retake the GMAT in a month (and I agree with this plan if you are targeting 650+ based on your practice test scores) and tell them you are not afraid of failing again - tell them you will keep trying till you succeed. Tell youself you will succeed.

Maybe your nonchalance made you lose your concentration (maybe because you were focusing too much on being nonchalant?). So you know what needs to be done next time.

Good Luck macsurf. I think we will be reading an inspirational thread in a months time, posted by you of course.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 7

[#permalink] New post 19 May 2007, 14:17
macsurf, how did you make most out of GMAT prep? did once each?
please, do each one at least 3 times and review the mistakes thoroughly.
also, before re-taking gmat, do the following:
-70 Brutal SC tests - can be found in the verbal forum here
-25 GMAT Club challenges to improve your math
- Also Sergey_is_cool posted 100 difficult math questions (in .doc format) - it is made sticky and in the math forum

Dont get carried away with your GMAT prep tests - yes, they are closest to the actual, but you might have realised that there will be a few repeat questions, therefore distorting your results.

And actively participate in the forum here at GMAT club!!!

I can understand why you got lower than you expected. I am confident with 1-2 month prep you can easily pull 650+ and wouldn't be surprised if you scored 700+!
See you in the forums! :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 May 2007, 17:25
Thanks for the support........this forum is what originally made me want to improve my score, thus I was reluctant to post such an uninspiring thread. I have been debating between taking a break and retaking sooner than later, but I think you guys may be right in that I should retake in roughly a months time. Thanks again.

I only took those tests once after my first scoring the original 550. But yes, maybe I will take them more. Also, I did review the tests every time.

I feel like I didn't operate as efficiently as possible today. Maybe only running on four cylinders rather than six or eight.
  [#permalink] 19 May 2007, 17:25