Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I wish GMATPrep at least included the computer grading software that does the AWA grading. This can give people an idea of how well they can write.

Of course, some hacker will probably crack the code and then everyone will know how GMAC grades AWAs. Bummers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey bud,

I've been a long time lurker here, and I wanted to reply to your story. No matter what, NEVER GIVE UP... I've been studying on and off for almost a year and still can't seem to break the 650 barrier. However, I KNOW for a fact that if all these other fine ladies and gents can do it, so can I... I can completely understand your disappointment and resignation to the whole darn thing.. But trust me... YOU are in control.. NOT the test... My attitude in life has always been that there are other people accomplishing the things that I want to accomplish.. so if they can do it, why can't I?? Take a couple of weeks off, enjoy Vegas, then plan, prepare, and execute... Also, think about changing some of your lifestyle habits.. ie- working out regularly, eating healthier, and keeping positive people around you.. Trust me, this overall lifestyle approach DOES help..

Best of luck, I look forward to seeing a post entitled : "560 to 7xx+, My story and How I did it" in the near future... :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
salr15 wrote:

I did get a bit unlucky on the Quant section, I would say about 10 of my first 15 questions were Data Sufficiency and about 60% of those were tough number properties.

I plan on going in fully confident with ALL areas of Quant and I can definitely improve my V score, just didn't practice at all.

It sounds like you have identified weak areas, not just addressing them while keeping your other knowledge intact.

It is much like bike racing. You need to lay a very solid base of long hours in the winter to be able do your speed work in the spring to win in the summer.

It just too bad blood doping doesn't help us :shock: :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Oh man, now this thread has gotten me worried about scoring much lower than on practice tests. If it weren't nerves, I'm not sure how everyone is getting much lower real test scores than the averages of all the prep tests. From what I heard, the Manhattan GMAT and GMATPrep scores were all very close predictors, unless you freeze up on test day or aren't a good test taker in stressful situations?

I wouldn't worry too much, the GMATPrep was a pretty good indicator of what I scored on the GMAT. I did the GMATPrep 4 times (over a 6 month period, so I didn't really remember the questions) and scored a 590, 600, 600 and finally a 640 on the one I took the day before the real thing. I scored a 620 on test day, which is pretty close to what I was scoring on the practice tests.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts