Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink]
yeah.. I should somehow motivate myself and start studying again.
But this time the greatest problem is going to be assessing my improvement. I have taken Gmat Prep multiple times and now if i take it again my scores will be inflated. Same is the case with Mgmat also... Can some one help me in this regard...

I am also planning to apply for fall 2010. so before when should i finish retaking my gmat..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
retake the exam
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Retaking would be the best bet .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeah i know that retaking is the best bet. But my question is that, is there any way i can judge my improvement considering the fact that i have exhausted all 6 mgmat cats and i took gmat prep multiple times.

What else can i consider as a correct indicator. Some one please help me with this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
I would look at this way. Since your earlier scores in the prep tests were not truly reflected in the actual performance, what makes you think that the "new" tests would give you a better idea.
Try to analyze your weakness and give it your best shot going forward w/o getting bogged down with your prior test results. By the way, i am pretty much in the same boat as you in terms of the score but the difference is, i hardly took any prep tests.

sury1985 wrote:
yeah i know that retaking is the best bet. But my question is that, is there any way i can judge my improvement considering the fact that i have exhausted all 6 mgmat cats and i took gmat prep multiple times.

What else can i consider as a correct indicator. Some one please help me with this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am planning to apply for fall 2010... how much time should I give myself for retaking the exam.. Will it be too late if i take the exam after 2 months of solid prep.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry about the 570 - still above the average, but definitely enough for Top 20.
For your question, there are plenty of other tests: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Take a look here also: should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks bb. Can you also let me know before when i should write it again if i want to apply for fall 2010. Considering the fact that I would need a month to work on my essays etc...

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts