Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 00:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

570 in GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2009, 03:29
I took my GMAT recently and was terrified when I saw 570(Q 44 V 25). I constantly got 650 in all the mgmat tests and constantly scored 46 in Quant and 650 in my gmat prep. I thought my score in the actual exam will also be similar to that.

Now I have no other option but to retake the exam, but the problem is that, I have exhausted all the tests I had. I have completed all the 6 mgmat cat's and now if i write that again, i would see repeated questions and my scores will be inflated and there would be no way to guage my improvement. The same is the case with Gmat prep also. I took the test 3 times and If i take it again, my scores will defenitely be infalted.

I really feel horrible now and I am not able to forgive myself for doing so badly in the test...

Experts I need some advise on how to move on from here..

Thanks.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2009, 09:58
Sorry to hear that. May be it was just a bad test experience.
If you were scoring 650+ you should be able to score that much in the actual test +- 20-30 points.
Did anything go wrong during the test?
Also check out the re-take forum. They have some good advice.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2009, 20:26
Hey Sury, seems we had the same experience today. I was getting 660 on my GMAT Prep however really flunked it today, 600... My word is, don´t let this get to you, don´t allow the test to beat you, take it as round one, if you are applying for next year, you have plenty of time to do a retake and still reach R2 deadlines. I have my mindset clear now, im attacking this exam again in 1.5-2 months, I already know why it beat me today, so I will tackle it through those areas. Go back and see which were your weak areas, I am sure this was just an "accident", try it one more time, I know I will
Intern
Intern

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 02:03
yeah.. I should somehow motivate myself and start studying again.
But this time the greatest problem is going to be assessing my improvement. I have taken Gmat Prep multiple times and now if i take it again my scores will be inflated. Same is the case with Mgmat also... Can some one help me in this regard...

I am also planning to apply for fall 2010. so before when should i finish retaking my gmat..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 47

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 02:31
retake the exam
Manager
Manager

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 06:02
Retaking would be the best bet .
Intern
Intern

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 07:49
yeah i know that retaking is the best bet. But my question is that, is there any way i can judge my improvement considering the fact that i have exhausted all 6 mgmat cats and i took gmat prep multiple times.

What else can i consider as a correct indicator. Some one please help me with this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Schools: BC
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 41

GMAT Tests User
Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 09:38
I would look at this way. Since your earlier scores in the prep tests were not truly reflected in the actual performance, what makes you think that the "new" tests would give you a better idea.
Try to analyze your weakness and give it your best shot going forward w/o getting bogged down with your prior test results. By the way, i am pretty much in the same boat as you in terms of the score but the difference is, i hardly took any prep tests.

sury1985 wrote:
yeah i know that retaking is the best bet. But my question is that, is there any way i can judge my improvement considering the fact that i have exhausted all 6 mgmat cats and i took gmat prep multiple times.

What else can i consider as a correct indicator. Some one please help me with this.

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Intern
Intern

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 22:36
I am planning to apply for fall 2010... how much time should I give myself for retaking the exam.. Will it be too late if i take the exam after 2 months of solid prep.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8210 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2009, 22:46
Expert's post
Sorry about the 570 - still above the average, but definitely enough for Top 20.
For your question, there are plenty of other tests: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Take a look here also: should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: 570 in GMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2009, 04:47
Thanks bb. Can you also let me know before when i should write it again if i want to apply for fall 2010. Considering the fact that I would need a month to work on my essays etc...

Thanks.
Re: 570 in GMAT   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2009, 04:47