Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 22:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

570 need >650

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

570 need >650 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2007, 18:50
1st attempt was awful. I scored 44Q and 24V (570). Need atleast >660 to stand a chance into getting into GSB.

My background:
1. IT engineer with 10yrs of experience.
2. Master in C.S with GPA of 3.5.

I made the following mistakes in my preparation:

1. Did not learn from my mistakes. Did not maintain errror logs.
2. Underestimated the complexity of Quant problems. I was doing princeton review. The quant problems there were simple when compared to GMAT prep.
3. Took GMAT prep practice test 2 too late. 2 days before the actual test and scored a 600. It was too late to adjust strategy.
4. Did not put in time factor when solving practice problems.

Suggestions to get to my target score most welcome. I am giving myself a couple of weeks to regroup and refocus. Planning to take it again in November.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2007, 19:56
You need to worry about verbal. Thats as clear as day. I would suggest the following

Get the 1000 questions, get OG 11, I would suggest the extra verbal problem book, if not both that and the quant. Spend time on the verbal forum by participating in the posted questions.

For sentence correction, when reviewing you problems, try to remember what was wrong with the sentences. You will start to see patterns in the grammatical flaws of the questions. The easiest way is to keep track through an error log. This will make it easier to build a good foundation and understanding of what you need to look out for.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2007, 04:55
Geebee,

If you want to be in Chicago, then there's plenty to improve in your score, and not only in the verbal. Forget Princenton Review, buy a good book that teaches you the basics of Maths and Verbal (I'd recommend Manhattan GMAT), use the Official Guide (learn to love it, by the way) and begin to take prep tests to learn where you are.

Good luck!
  [#permalink] 01 May 2007, 04:55