Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 11:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

580-640-660 ;Failed after huge investment of time n money

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

580-640-660 ;Failed after huge investment of time n money [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 22:32
I am a female 31 years from Bangalore,India .
I have 7.5 years of IT experience.I have worked for Investment Banks as senior consultant in Singapore for 2 years.
In my last IT experience , I worked in the role of Team lead for about 2.5 years.
From past 1 year I am into family business ..My family has a food confectionery factory.

I hold a BE in Computer Science (Overall 72%)

GMAT History:
1st attempt was in 2008 ...580
2nd attempt was in Sept 2012 ..640(50,26)
3rd attempt was in Dec 2012 ...660(48,32)

I have been pushing my MBA dreams in hopes that I will crack 720 barrier.But my last attempt thoroughly disappointed me. I prepared for this exam for almost a year rigorously .I invested in MGMAT private tutoring for my 3rd attempt and prepared for 2 months.For my 2nd attempt I was enrolled with Knewton and prepared for about 10 months . But still nothing worked out ..I failed to break the 720 barrier. Already this is mid December ...,and I am yet to start my R&D for colleges .
What are my chances to get admit from top 15 US B Schools . I visited couple of admission consultants in Bangalore they clearly mentioned I have no chance in top 25 colleges. I am in dilemma what to do ...should I drop my B School dream ..I have been working towards my GMAT from 2008 on and off with the hope I will certainly crack and make into the elite colleges ..but ultimately failed in cracking my dream score.
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: 580-640-660 ;Failed after huge investment of time n money [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 10:59
Hi,

I have a similar profile as yours - in Bangalore, 7 yrs of work ex, in an investment bank, and have experienced GMAT twice in the span of last 3 years, last was June. I could reach a max of 630! And am gearing up for 3rd shot!

After seeing the pattern of your score, I feel that you can handle GMAT Math, as you did get a 50! So keep this your strong point and try not to get anything less than 49!

You must improve on verbal....aim for a 40 and do a lot of self analysis on what are you not strong at! SC/CR/RC. I can talk at length on verbal, but I need to know how exactly you prepared for verbal and what your study plan/resources were?

SC - you should be very strong at it, as it saves you time and helps to get a good score....38+.
CR - Powerscore Bible will help a lot! I can speak more on that...
RC - You should know what it means to "Read the GMAT way" and should be familiar with the traps that they put with RC questions....can talk more on this...

AND, do not give up....you are already at 660....you need to be at 690+ to get yourself rolling into MBA applications...BUT, do not rush into things as your verbal needs improvement!

Cheers,
Sid
Re: 580-640-660 ;Failed after huge investment of time n money   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2012, 10:59