Thanks for all the wishes!!!
After my first attempt at GMAT in nov I realised that I was lagging very much in verbal. So I decided to concentrate more on verbal. After concentrating on verbal for first three weeks I found my scores improving that acted as a moral booster. Also unlike the earlier test i took 3 weeks leave before the test. This helped me to concentrate only on GMAT and avoid any distractions caused by work.
Few pts on verbal
- Learn to read actively.
- Try to step into authors shoes and guess what the author would say ahead.
- Also after reading the first 1/3rd passage try to determine the scope ,main idea ,purpose and topic of the message. Make a note of this on pad provided. This helps one to be focussed and not loose track.
- For large passages preparing a roadmap of the passage helps. This need not be very complicated. It can be as simple as X is stated in 1st para, Y is stated in second para,x and Y are compared in 3rd para and so on.
- Practice difficult RC's this helps.
- If you you are short on time you can guess but ensure that you get atleast fifty percent right on the final RC.
- Did not work much on CR. Kaplan
workshops on CR helped me a lot.
- Also practice the questions posted on this forum
- Manhattan SC
book helped me a lot.
- After reading every chapter from this book prepare flash cards noting down the points you learned. Refer to these flashcards often so that SC rules are fresh in your mind.
- Try to solve SC questions mechanically i.e find out the errors in the given answer choice. Most of the times you can easily eliminate 3 on 5.
Out of the other if you can spot an error in one choice select the other as answer. Do not think whether the sentence sounds right or not. Sometimes one's line of thinking does not match with VUE's.
- Practice as many sums as possible.
- Learn all the basic formulas.
- Focus on quality as well.
- Solve quant and verbal questions in groups of 37 and 41 respectively. The break up can be ( 23 PS and 14 DS) for qaunt and (13 RC,13 CR,15 SC) for verbal.
- Time all the questions solved
- Try to solve a SC question in 1 minute and aCR 1.5 minute. This will help you to accumulate some extra time for RC.
If you need any help in regards to preparations feel free to pm me and I will respond ASAP.