Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 14:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

600 advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

600 advice [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 21:44
Hey guys like all of you chasing that 700 I am just looking for some tips. I have managed to go from 470 to 580 on knewton prep in the last couple of months and am just looking for advice on how to advance further. I am pretty balanced now with last CAT of 35 V 36 Q. I am confident that I can increase my verbal to at least low 40s but I am struggling with the math. I am strong in percents, interest, and basic algebra, but I am really having a hard time with advanced rates and number properties. I memorized my primes through 100, odd/even rules, and divisibility rules but I still have a hard time with these. Any tips? Much Appreciated.
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2287

Kudos [?]: 8910 [2] , given: 3671

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 600 advice [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 22:27
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
What score are you looking for?

When do you need to take the GMAT by?

I would highly recommend (and confident you can increase your quant) if you get either the MGMAT Math Foundations or Kaplan Math Workbook. If you have a bit more time, also get the MGMAT Number properties

And regardless, get the GMAT Roadmap - it is an easy read book about the best practices for studying for the gmat - you can see my review in my signature.

Does this make sense?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: 600 advice [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2011, 08:49
Quote:
What score are you looking for?

When do you need to take the GMAT by?

I would highly recommend (and confident you can increase your quant) if you get either the MGMAT Math Foundations or Kaplan Math Workbook. If you have a bit more time, also get the MGMAT Number properties

And regardless, get the GMAT Roadmap - it is an easy read book about the best practices for studying for the gmat - you can see my review in my signature.

Does this make sense?

Thank you bb for your quick response. Time is not an issue, and I would really like to get 700. The only books I have purchased are the Kaplan 2011 premier and the official guide both of which I haven't spent much time on as I am working mainly in my online course. I will definitely look into those math specific books. I have been focusing on finishing my course and I only have access to the materials until feb so I want to make sure I get the most out of those, but thank you for those book ideas.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 38

Re: 600 advice [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2011, 12:08
This post received
KUDOS
ur quant is too low..and its the best thing as it can be increased by practice..best of luck for ur prepration..

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Re: 600 advice   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2011, 12:08