Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 06:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

600 on the 800Score.com tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

600 on the 800Score.com tests [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2006, 20:45
Hi guys,
First of all, I am a GMAT rookie. I've been preparing for the past 2 months. My prep materials include:
1. Kaplan 2004
2. OG 10th edition
3. Gmat Club (for the past 3 weeks)

Now I've just got my hands on the 1000 SC,1000RC and 1000 CR documents and am going through them. I also got myself the Kaplan Verbal workbook but havent gone through it yet. My verbal score seems to be stuck in the 30-40 range. I am simply not able to cross that 40 mark. I plan to give the GMAT in July this year. My prep so far has been mostly random and unorganized. Going forward, I need some help regarding prep strategies.
My weak sections are:
1. SC - idioms and subject-modifier
2. CR - inference questions
2. probability(!) and work problems

I guesss the quant portion can be sorted out by reading up a little more. I do not know what to do regarding the verbal section. I know the 6 basic GMAT 'traps' for SC's. I picked them up from Kaplan. But they don't seem to be helping me out. My sucess rate at SC's and CR's is about 60%-70%. Can anyone here please help me out?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
600 on the 800Score.com tests   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2006, 20:45