Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:53 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 725 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Re: 610 to 690 with MGMAT class [#permalink]
mattapraveen wrote:
Congrats on the good score..... I really feel bad bro..... was tracing your Q score.....you did real well in all your mock tests( I would rate MGMAT Q44 to be 48-49 on GMAT Prep) almost 47-48 range and your real GMAT Q brought you down. Only if you could drag it to the other side of 45..:) Goes on to show the importance of D Day luck. Nevertheless, good score and good luck with applications.

Thanks mattapraveen, I feel as if my true abilities better reflect your GMAT 1 score, with a higher Quant and lower Verbal, so while I do feel I could raise the quant, I feel my verbal would likely go down and it would be a wash. So i'll just press forward for now
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mixedin86 wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:
Congrats on the good score..... I really feel bad bro..... was tracing your Q score.....you did real well in all your mock tests( I would rate MGMAT Q44 to be 48-49 on GMAT Prep) almost 47-48 range and your real GMAT Q brought you down. Only if you could drag it to the other side of 45..:) Goes on to show the importance of D Day luck. Nevertheless, good score and good luck with applications.

Thanks mattapraveen, I feel as if my true abilities better reflect your GMAT 1 score, with a higher Quant and lower Verbal, so while I do feel I could raise the quant, I feel my verbal would likely go down and it would be a wash. So i'll just press forward for now

Yeah.....Looking at the schools you are applying, you are within in the ball park figure of most school's average GMAT. So no point really going through all the pain of GMAT preparation. The same time cna be invested wisely on quality essays.Good luck with your applications.
Just curious, any specific reason/s behind planning to apply to McCombs?? Its one of the schools I am looking at. I want to get into the energy/oil and gas sector post MBA and hence a bit keen on McCombs. Most of the oil nd gas majors come there for recruiting actively.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:
mixedin86 wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:

Yeah.....Looking at the schools you are applying, you are within in the ball park figure of most school's average GMAT. So no point really going through all the pain of GMAT preparation. The same time cna be invested wisely on quality essays.Good luck with your applications.
Just curious, any specific reason/s behind planning to apply to McCombs?? Its one of the schools I am looking at. I want to get into the energy/oil and gas sector post MBA and hence a bit keen on McCombs. Most of the oil nd gas majors come there for recruiting actively.

No extra-specific reason why I like McCombs other than that they are Regionally very strong in Finance and I feel they would provide a strong experience outside of the classroom...good area, amazing athletics and whatnot.

Also, I'm apply through the Consortium for multiple reasons and not every school is associated with them, so I'm choosing from within.

I see you're likely applying to Darden, I really like their program as well and may very likely subsititute them for Anderson on my list. Only thing is that these forums have been scaring me away from Darden because they're saying Darden has the toughest workload of all the Business schools, and I know from Undergrad the Case-study method can be a beast, I can only imagine the workload at a college where EVERY class is case-study. ahhhh
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One of my seniors( From work place) is presently studying at Darden. She was telling me that it was quite hectic initially, but she gradually got into the groove and after the initial weeks....she could manage quite well. From what she says, it not as scary as it sounds.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 919 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Schools:ABCD
Send PM
Congrats! Can you please comment on the difficulty level of verbal section on the real test ? I mean - you could use OG questions as benchmark! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
voodoochild wrote:
Congrats! Can you please comment on the difficulty level of verbal section on the real test ? I mean - you could use OG questions as benchmark! :)

I felt the verbal difficulty on the Real GMAT was identical to the verbal difficulty on the GMATPREP tests. Quant was what through me off, the REAL GMAT seemed tougher than I was expecting, I didn't even know the answer to the very first question (looking back I guess it could have been one of the questions that don't count, but still. Not knowing the first question can shake your confidence a bit)

Overall, I feel the GMATPREP is EXTREMLY acurate and I would most certainly recommend saving the 2 GMATPREP tests for last. I recommend taking the MGMAT tests but I would discount their scores on both Quant and Verbal. Their Quant was scored too tough and their Verbal was similar in difficulty but more lengthy which made timing a little tough.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts