Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

610 to 690!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

610 to 690!!! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 10:00
Hey everyone!
I wrote my exam on Sat Jan 30th and scored 690 (Q49, V34) - second attempt
I had initially written the exam in July and scored (610 Q48,V25) surprisingly below my expectation and way below my average score in prep tests.
I focused almost entirely on verbal this time with MGMAT Books and it did improve my score a little. I was scoring between 680-730 on MGMAT with an average of 690.
I did 680 and 690 on my GMAC exams.
I believe I did the right thing by booking the exam at 12 p.m instead of last time's 8 a.m.
Overall, I feel very relieved and happy with the results because I'm not the most skillful test-taker.
I have a BA in Theoretical Ecnonomics with a 3.9 GPA and have worked for the past 4 years in accounting, telecom and banking industries.
I currently live in Toronto and I know that as far as GMAT scores go, I am qualified to get into the top schools here but I wanted to ask you, if you think I will qualify for the top schools in US and if yes which ones (I totally understand that GMAT is only 1 part of the application, but want to know what your experience has been and if you have any suggestions)
Thank you all so much for your prompt responses and please let me know if you have any questions!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 922 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: 610 to 690!!! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 10:21
Parisa1362 wrote:
Hey everyone!
I wrote my exam on Sat Jan 30th and scored 690 (Q49, V34) - second attempt
I had initially written the exam in July and scored (610 Q48,V25) surprisingly below my expectation and way below my average score in prep tests.
I focused almost entirely on verbal this time with MGMAT Books and it did improve my score a little. I was scoring between 680-730 on MGMAT with an average of 690.
I did 680 and 690 on my GMAC exams.
I believe I did the right thing by booking the exam at 12 p.m instead of last time's 8 a.m.
Overall, I feel very relieved and happy with the results because I'm not the most skillful test-taker.
I have a BA in Theoretical Ecnonomics with a 3.9 GPA and have worked for the past 4 years in accounting, telecom and banking industries.
I currently live in Toronto and I know that as far as GMAT scores go, I am qualified to get into the top schools here but I wanted to ask you, if you think I will qualify for the top schools in US and if yes which ones (I totally understand that GMAT is only 1 part of the application, but want to know what your experience has been and if you have any suggestions)
Thank you all so much for your prompt responses and please let me know if you have any questions!

Congrats for the great improvement.
could you please throw some points on verbal? How you improved in verbal?

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: 610 to 690!!! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 10:46
What I started doing besides studying the GMAT books was to take notes for all my SC Correction mistakes on my blackberry and go over it whenever I got a chance. As everyone says, the MGMAT Sentence Correction book was really helpful. As for CR, I tried to follow the MGMAT strategies (drawing the T diagram) and slowly stopped doing that when I mastered the skill because I thought it would slow me down to take notes for all CR questions.
For RC, I think I just hoped for the best :) and the topics that I had less difficulty in.
I think what's really important in RC is reading the answer choices and justifying every single word before you select the right answer.
Good luck!
I know verbal is harder to improve especially for a non-native speaker like me!
Re: 610 to 690!!!   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2010, 10:46