Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

620-need advices

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

620-need advices [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 00:08
I took GMAT yesterday. Q49 - V25

I am a non-native speaker, working on GMAT 1.5 month and yesterday is really a bad day. I work with OG, keep error logs like all you guys.

My test result at home

1. Kap diagnostic 660
2. Power Prep test A : 680
3. Kap test 1 : 540
4. Kap test 2 : 580
5. Kap test 3 620
6.PR 1 : 670
7. PR2 : 680
8. Power Prep test B :730 (after I have done OG, so remember all the question)

When I took the test, I am quite nervous, and too careful on the first question left me too little time for some last math question, result in bad score in Q (at home my Q often 51)
When I came to verbal, after 10 question, I feel quite comfortable. Yet, a hard RC about genetic comes up.It took me 6 min to read but dont understand the structure. after several question, ETS through another hard chemical RC at me. Having only 25 min for 19 question, I ran against time and surely made many mistake. The last RC about irrigation is so bad that it discourage me to even look at it.

Going home,I am so depressed because I can do it much better. But I got cold feet by some stupid RC (when working with OG10, my RC result is 80%), poor time management and poor mental stamina are the main cause of my failure

I am thinking of retake the test, but don't know how should I prepare? Need advices from you guys
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 00:34
sounds like you have all the tools and knowledge there to put up a good score... so just take another few weeks to brush up on timing and reviewing those errors logs... sounds like RC might need some more practise so that you wont get rattled with time if you come across a RC topic that you dont like... try and hit up some lsat RC passages for extra practise... you sound confident so i guess its just a matter of nerves on actual test day.. try and calm yourself down, stay composed and trust in your own abilities.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 10:25
Hi evryone,

I am new here, looking for your preciuos advices on taking GMAT. My target is 600 only, and I have to get it in two months, but I am still confused in most parts, except the Math as I am not native English speaker, whenever I start to read a RC, it drives me crazy, lost totaly.... :o . Please help me:

- Do I need to take a preparation course? Which one is good and cheap. ( I am jobless now)
- Which part I should focus to get the hieghest points...

............ Still confused.... please! :cry:

Thao Vi
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 10:46
ngobaotrung,

It sounds like you are near the ceiling on the math so there are few marginal points to be gained in the math section - I would focus on the reading passages.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 17:12
Thank Hjort, I will put my effort on RC. What material would you sugguest, LSAT or wat? I am extremely weak when encounter with Science, Biology, Chemical...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 20:32
This may help you with RC
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11569

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 28 Apr 2005, 20:32