Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 18:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

620 on GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

620 on GMAT [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 07:11
Hi All

I took the GMAT yesterday and got a 620(41-Q and 34-V). This is my second attempt. I took once before and got a pathetic 540(35 Q, 28 V). I was hoping to get better than 660 but somehow messed up on two or three questions on quant which caused me to get a low 41. I was hoping to get atleast 45 on quant as i got 45,45,47,47 on my GMAT prep tests.
I intend to apply to NYU-PART TIME MBA. I work in New York City in a non profit organization in their IT as an Oracle Applications DBA. I have more than 10 years of progressive work ex in IT. I can get good letters of recommendation from my manager and the director of IT and have been part of a social organization and have even lobbied for them in the white house

Can someone guide me if i can apply with this score. I have an bachelors in engineering(computer science) from a reputed school in India with a about 3.4 GPA
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 460

Kudos [?]: 1786 [0], given: 29

Re: 620 on GMAT [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 10:37
Expert's post
zest4mba wrote:
Hi All. I took the GMAT yesterday and got a 620(41-Q and 34-V). This is my second attempt. I took once before and got a pathetic 540(35 Q, 28 V). I was hoping to get better than 660 but somehow messed up on two or three questions on quant which caused me to get a low 41. I was hoping to get atleast 45 on quant as i got 45,45,47,47 on my GMAT prep tests. Can someone guide me if i can apply with this score. I have an bachelors in engineering(computer science) from a reputed school in India with a about 3.4 GPA

Hello, zest4mba. I'm happy to offer some advice. :)

I don't know what resources you have used thus far, but I would highly recommend checking out Magoosh. For folks like you who have already taken an official GMAT, we have a 50-point increase score guarantee -- in your case, that would mean 670 on your next GMAT, or your money back. Magoosh as over 200 lesson videos, giving you all the content & strategy you need --- here's a free sample RC lesson video

http://gmat.magoosh.com/lessons/317-int ... prehension

We have over 800 GMAT practice questions, each with its own video explanation. Here's a challenging PS question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/299
When you submit your answer, the next page will have the video explanation.

You may also find the free blog helpful: http://magoosh.com/gmat/

Finally, we will answer any GMAT-related question from any prep source, so it's like buying online support for all your current material.

I hope that helps. If you have any specific GMAT questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best of luck to you!

Mike :)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Re: 620 on GMAT   [#permalink] 02 May 2012, 10:37