Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.2
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: 620 to 730 in 4 weeks [#permalink]
GRE2015 wrote:
Hi, wom2c,
congratulations with your great score.
I have some questions and would be very pleased to get answers for them.
My first question is that, can you talk about detailed preparation strategy for verbal part: what sources did you find useful for the preparation for each section of the verbal
And how was difficulty level of the questions in the real test compared with OG and GmatPrep.

GRE2015-
I did not focus on verbal nearly as much as quant (since my liberal arts background gave me a verbal advantage). However, my verbal study mostly consisted of doing OG problems and reviewing the problems that I got wrong in the back of the book or on MGMAT's online OG Archer program (which I found very helpful). I also used MGMAT's SC and CR books. I felt that the questions on the real test were on par with that of my prep materials and the practice tests. I had no real surprises.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Congrats!This just shows how resilient u are.
Can you please answer my below queries:
What kind of questions did u encounter during the exam,especially in quant.
Which topics u feel one should stress more on in quant?
Were RCs similar to those in GMATPREP?

Thanks,
Shreeraj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Congrats, man! That's quite a turnaround. My first test in this Saturday morning and I fully expect to sign up for a second one right away as you did.

My question is what level (500, 600, 700, 800) or number grouping (easy/early, middle/mid level, later/hard) from the OG book did you concentrate on. My practice tests are coming in the low 600's (Q38 48% V35 74%) which tells me I need to brush up on that level of difficulty to break through to higher level questions. Did you have a strategy for picking which level questions to work on?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
swgator13 wrote:
Congrats, man! That's quite a turnaround. My first test in this Saturday morning and I fully expect to sign up for a second one right away as you did.

My question is what level (500, 600, 700, 800) or number grouping (easy/early, middle/mid level, later/hard) from the OG book did you concentrate on. My practice tests are coming in the low 600's (Q38 48% V35 74%) which tells me I need to brush up on that level of difficulty to break through to higher level questions. Did you have a strategy for picking which level questions to work on?

Good question. Before my first test, I focused only on questions that were mid-level and hard-level (600-700+). After my first test I had exhausted most of the materials in OG13. I bought OG12 and began at question number 1 in my focus sections (PS and DS) and did all of the odd problems in each section and then went back through and did all of the even problems. I would do a handful of problems from each section each night and morning before work (and I would choose a few mid/hard range questions from verbal sections each night but this was not my focus). I found this method helpful in that it gave me a better grasp of the quant. Almost like I went back to the basics and built my foundation, instead of just jumping into the type of questions that correlate with my goal score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
wom2c wrote:
swgator13 wrote:

Good question. Before my first test, I focused only on questions that were mid-level and hard-level (600-700+). After my first test I had exhausted most of the materials in OG13. I bought OG12 and began at question number 1 in my focus sections (PS and DS) and did all of the odd problems in each section and then went back through and did all of the even problems. I would do a handful of problems from each section each night and morning before work (and I would choose a few mid/hard range questions from verbal sections each night but this was not my focus). I found this method helpful in that it gave me a better grasp of the quant. Almost like I went back to the basics and built my foundation, instead of just jumping into the type of questions that correlate with my goal score.

Great, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll follow a similar plan post test. That is unless I score a 710 on my first crack at it :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Wom2C,

Congratulations on your great score!!i have a couple of questions for you.
What did you do to improve your Quant score the second time around? I mean except for the OG questions were there any other materials that you used for Quant? I have been scoring 41-44 in quant in the MGMAT tests and would really like to push this score to a 48-49. I have my exam scheduled the next month.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
negative wrote:
Hi Wom2C,

Congratulations on your great score!!i have a couple of questions for you.
What did you do to improve your Quant score the second time around? I mean except for the OG questions were there any other materials that you used for Quant? I have been scoring 41-44 in quant in the MGMAT tests and would really like to push this score to a 48-49. I have my exam scheduled the next month.

I used the MGMAT and Kaplan "foundations of math" books. I used the MGMAT online OG Archer to help me figure out what I was missing and why. Found it very helpful
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts