Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 23:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience) [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 17:28
Hi, I just took one of the CATs on the official website without any prior studying for the exam and got a 630. I have a target score of 730+ and was wondering how feasible that was? For the quant section, I actually didn't finish on time and missed 2 questions, so i figure that probably affected my score a lot.

Also, I have 2 months of time to study for it, and am going to take an MGMAT on sight prep course. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Followers: 105

Kudos [?]: 216 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: 630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience) [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 18:16
Welcome to the gmatclub.

Starting with 630 you can easily achieve 730+. Just keep practicing and reviewing your mistakes.

Keep sharing your progress here on the forum.

RC videos rc-through-videos-99566.html
CR videos cr-through-videos-99033.html
SC videos sc-through-videos-98340.html
Quant videos quant-through-videos-102525.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 472 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: 630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience) [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 20:25
ctsen wrote:
Hi, I just took one of the CATs on the official website without any prior studying for the exam and got a 630. I have a target score of 730+ and was wondering how feasible that was? For the quant section, I actually didn't finish on time and missed 2 questions, so i figure that probably affected my score a lot.

Also, I have 2 months of time to study for it, and am going to take an MGMAT on sight prep course. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ctsen, welcome to the club. By "CAT on the official website" do you mean gmat prep?? If that's the case, then your latest score is the most accurate picture of your abilities. I would recommend you to have a look at this thread gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html
IMO, a course will help you in reaching your dream score.

Best of luck & let us know if we can be of any help.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: 630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience) [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 04:49
Timeline: U2 a new group (early 80's), U2 eclipses rivals (sometime in 80's), U2 top of pantheon of music (early 90's)

In second part we are saying that eclipsing other groups happened before 1990

If you like my post, consider giving me some KUDOS !!!!! Like you I need them

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience) [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 16:58
Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm studying off Kaplan Premiere for now. Once school is over, I'll have 2 months free. During that time, I'm planning on taking an MGMAT course. I'll keep you guys updated on my status, and post questions when they arise.

Thanks!
Re: 630 on GMAT.com CAT (No Prior Experience)   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2010, 16:58