Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 GMAT, 4.5yrs Job Exp, Any suggestions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

640 GMAT, 4.5yrs Job Exp, Any suggestions [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 07:59
Hi Experts,
I"ll appreciate any suggestions on my choice of universities with the kind of profile I have.

GMAT: 640 (Q-47, V-32, AWA-5.5)
Job Exp: 4.5yrs
GPA: 3.5
Indian Female, 25yrs

My industry experience has been in IT (ERP-SAP) for about 3 yrs and Sales & Marketing for SAP for another 1.5yrs. I have handled various US assignments from the client's location and my major area of expertise is in Oil & Gas sector and Supply Chain Management.
I intend to pursue my MBA in the Operations & Logistics and/or Sales and Marketing. My choice of universities are the ones which offer both the courses or in someway offer electives for each of these. I am planning to send my MBA application packets latest by Nov 15th to each of the following univs:
1. University of Toronto - Rotman School of Management
2. Texas A&M University - Mays School of Business
3. UBC - Sauder School of Business
4. Rice University - Jesse Jones SOM
5. UT Dallas - SOM
6. Arizona State University - Carrey
Please advise on my choice of schools and some others which I can consider. I am apprehensive about my low score.. Please suggest.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: 640 GMAT, 4.5yrs Job Exp, Any suggestions [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2010, 18:02
Expert's post
It's not all about the scores, and being a woman and an international applicant, you offer diversity that the average applicant cannot. True that there are plenty of Indian applicants with IT backgrounds applying to b-school, but not necessarily to the schools you are listing. Ask yourself how you stand out amongst your peers who may be applying from a similar background and highlight these distinctions in your essays. 640 is a very respectable GMAT, so don't lose heart. It's likely well within the 80 percent range for most of the schools you listed as your targets.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 640 GMAT, 4.5yrs Job Exp, Any suggestions [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2010, 09:01
Are you looking for part time or full time MBA?
Re: 640 GMAT, 4.5yrs Job Exp, Any suggestions   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2010, 09:01