I was wondering if you can evaluate my profile.
Today I gave my second attempt of GMAT exam and scored an average score of 640 (Q47, V31). In my first attempt I scored a mere 580 (Q 48, V 23). I put in lot of efforts in my second attempt but unfortunately result didn’t turned up the way I expected.
I need to get an idea where i stand and what areas I can focus to make it to the best possible school at my low scores:-(
Please let me know the list of business schools where I will stand a chance with the following profile:
Graduation: B.Tech (IT)- Class of 2008
Work Ex: Technical Lead in Cognizant Technology Pvt. Ltd , Previously in Top MNC(IT)
(Total Work Ex is 4.5 Years)
Post MBA Short term goal: Change my career path to Management and Business consulting.
Highlights in my Professional Career:
• Handling a team of 20+ resources in current project.
• Part of the Transformation Initiative program by Cognizant for a large Swiss bank. Got rewarded for my contributions in it.
• Initiated the hiring of fresher in my practice which was previously not there.
• Have been Off shore project lead for at least 4-5 projects.
• Won many awards and accolades in my current profile.
• Been to Denmark for an important client’s workshop. Youngest among all associates and represented my team over there.
• Associated with Corporate NGO and active participation in it.
• Trained the new hired associates in my organization.
• Part of the College fest committee which organized the Intra and Inter college festival .
With above points and some more to add up to the list ,What are my chances to make it to a Top 25 school?
I know that I belong to an over represented crowd of “IT Male Engineer” but I have lot many things in my professional career through which I can highlight my leadership potentials to the ad-com. What are the other things that I can highlight to make my application better?
I am desperate to make it to top 20 schools anyhow and I know GMAT score is not that good , so all I can do as if now is to make every effort to make my application more robust .As already given twice, I am little bit dicey whether to take GMAT again or not as it has been really hectic preparing for GMAT with hectic office schedules.