Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 18:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 - My Experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

640 - My Experience [#permalink] New post 10 May 2006, 13:33
I decided at the beginning of Feb to apply to a specific Executive MBA program that had a March 30 application deadline. Despite working full time and being the parent of two small children, I managed to put together the application by the deadline. Unfortunately, I had little time left to prep for the GMAT. I had purchased the Kaplan 2006 edition and tried to go through it but essentially I went into the test blind. The timing, format, and content of the GMAT was different than what I expected and it cost me. My overall score was laughable - quant was scary and the verbal was acceptable only because I'm a native speaker.

In the eyes of the eMBA admissions committee, I was a great candidate except for the poor GMAT score so they agreed to defer their decision pending a GMAT re-write 30 days later. 30 days prep had to be enough, otherwise I would have to wait a year to re-apply to the program next spring.

Thankfully, I discovered gmatclub. The discussions, advice, shared experiences, etc. all helped to focus my efforts. I picked up OG11 and the Quant Review and decided to give the GMAX Online math course a try. The course was great in that it focused on one topic at a time and provided a great overview of the material.

640 - 42Q:35V was my score and I'm very satisfied given the compressed preparation I did. It was enough to get me accepted into the eMBA program which is what really counts.

BTW, I didn't even use up half of the GMAX online course views. If anyone is interested in the GMAX math course at a HUGE discount, please PM me.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 10 May 2006, 21:17
That is a great story....

Congratulations for good score and admission...
:musband
Intern
Intern

Congratulations!!!! [#permalink] New post 11 May 2006, 06:57
Hi Sideslip!

Congratulations on your score! I'm so happy for you! And Congrats also for getting into your eMBA program! It would be great if you could also share the rest of your profile, so we know what it takes apart from GMAT score :-).

Gosh, you know, I truly beleive the universe has it's own ways :-). Only yesterday, I Was browsing the GMAXX online site, and it mentioned the licence sharing possibility -- I was going to post a message *today* to ask if anyone had any remaining licences!

I would very much appreciate it, if you could help me out by sharing your licences.. .please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in return!

Thanks very much!

Sangita.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 May 2006, 13:48
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm offering up the unused portion of the GMAX Math course (enough for viewing each class twice). I posted to the buy & sell for $100 but no takers yet. If you want it for $50, please PM/email me.
  [#permalink] 15 May 2006, 13:48