Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 on PowePrep 1 without any preparation.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

640 on PowePrep 1 without any preparation. [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2007, 09:10
Hi

I took the PowerPrep 1 test without any preparation and got a 640.
I realized that I had to brush up on quants and concentrate on critical reasoning and comprehension.

Is it possible to break the 700 barrier with a 1 month effort OR is this score pretty much what I will end up getting in the actual GMAT test?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 189 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 640 on PowePrep 1 without any preparation. [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2007, 15:05
gmatter2008 wrote:
Hi

I realized that I had to brush up on quants and concentrate on critical reasoning and comprehension.

Is it possible to break the 700 barrier with a 1 month effort OR is this score pretty much what I will end up getting in the actual GMAT test?

Im not sure how accurate PowerPrep's tests are. However, I reccomend that you take GMATPrep. This will tell you what your score is likely to be.
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2007, 08:57
I agree with Blackbelt. I recommend taking one of the GMAT Prep Tests to see where you currently stand, saving the other one for closer to your actual test day. If you can score 640 without any prep on the GMAT Prep Tests, then study diligently for 1 month, I think your score can significantly increase. I studied for 2 months, but only about 7-10 hours a week at most, with most of my weekends taken up. So, I think the same amount of prep can be done in one month, that I completed in two.

Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 640 on PowePrep 1 without any preparation. [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2007, 17:39
gmatter2008 wrote:
Hi

if you bust your but over the next month, for sure you can break 700. powerprep and gmatprep are very similar as far as accuracy... the big disclaimer for powerprep is that you can see OG 11 questions, and thus artificially inflate your score... but since you didn't prep that isn't an issue.

I scored a 640 on my first GMATPrep after some "light" preparation (i.e. princeton review book). 2.5 months later I got a 710 (probably should have gotten a 720-730 but lack of sleep and nerves got me). i put in lots of hours though.

so i think you can do it but you will need lots of practice. go buy all three official guides and work through them. mgmat guides are good too
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

thanks all [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2007, 12:54
thanks all
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2007, 21:06
anonymousegmat, are there any repeats that you know of in gmatprep and powerprep?

what about repeats on paper tetsts and gmatprep?

thanks!
  [#permalink] 21 Nov 2007, 21:06