Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 on the GMAT DISAPPOINTED AND NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

640 on the GMAT DISAPPOINTED AND NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2007, 18:38
Hi!

I just finished with taking the GMAT and scored a meagre 640

I am shocked and disappointed.I took this time off everything and gave it all and the result is not good.

I was consistently scoring in the 680-720 range in the MGMAT's and Gprep's.

But I guess I'm not that good at math afterall.

I wanna retake it coz I really feel I can do better than that.

I need some direction.I need some decent Prep material.I'm done with Kaplan.I also completed og-10 and 11.

Wondering what material to use for preparation now.

Especially Quant since that seems to be my Achilles heel.

Can you point out to me decent prep material for GMAT....... especially Quant

I need some drastic improvement in my Quant score.I guess verbal is Ok for now.

Please help me out.
Also, I wanna know if this score is decent enough for me to apply to the following colleges:

Rice
MSU-Broad
Indiana-Kelley
Rochester-Simon

Eagerly waiting for your replies.

Ashish
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 22:25
First of all, you'd get a lot more responses if you were less dramatic with your subject headings. People are generally turned off by whole bunches of "!!!!!" and demands for urgent help.

Your result is pretty much in line with your practice results. As I mentioned in your prior post, ignore all other prep scores and only consider how you do on the GMATprep. You scored 630 and 680 on those practice exams, and as I mentioned in that thread, people tend to score just a little lower than their practice results on test day.

Since you say that you've "completed" the OG11, I would suggest going back and making sure that you understand the logic behind every single question. if you do that, you will improve your score.

The second thing you should do is repeat GMATprep several times. You'll have to wait a month before you can retake, so you should be able to do the GMATprep 5+ times in the interim. Since there will be repeat questions, the practice scores will be inflated, but they will be a good guide for what the expect on the real thing. If you can consistently score 740+ on GMATprep (with some repeated questions), you can have a fair belief you will score 700+ on the real thing. Assuming that you will score 700+ when your average GMATprep score is about 650 is not realistic; it's hoping for a stroke of luck on test day.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2007, 23:56
Hi ashish,

Don't panic, just relax. I know the feeling. I score a 650 the first time round. Try to analyze what went wrong for you. What is the preparation or was it a bad day. There will surely be something missing in your preparation strategy. Try to analyze it deeply and find the problems. Crisis management is an integral part of an MBA degree and I think if you succeed in doing it now in the GMAT preparation you are only preparing yourself better for the program. Take this as an opportunity to bring out the best in you. Good luck!
  [#permalink] 15 Oct 2007, 23:56