Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 13:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 (Q 42, V 35) not that happy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

640 (Q 42, V 35) not that happy [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 10:23
So I took it today at 9am in nyc.

I am a little disappointed because my goal was above a 650, even though I was getting 600-640 on the gmat prep test. Gmat prep I thought was suppose to be harder than the actual test.

I didn't think the quant was going that well since I was unsure on a lot of the questions and felt the opposite on the verbal. I had some interesting reading comps and usually do well on those, and must have done poorly on the CRs and SCs, even though I practiced the SCs like crazy with the gmat 800 book and did well on the last 100 of the SC questions, which are suppose to get progressively harder. I must have guessed well on the quant and not so well on verbal, what a retarded test this is.

On my most recent gmat prep i got a q44 and a v35, but after I studied the SC before the real exam, I guess it didn't work and I might need more improvement in the CRs and SCs.

I don't really understand what went wrong on the verbal. I really do want to take it again, but my fear is that I will do worse on the quant, but a little better on the verbal and get a worse overall score.

a little history: I have been studying since mid june for the test. I took a 4 day prep course, not a kaplan or princeton, and although it helped, I think I would have been better off getting a few private lessons to focus on my weaknesses rather than a broad intensive overview.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised with my grade and actually be somewhat happy since I do not test well on these standardized tests, and only scored a 1210 on my sat. I guess I had higher hopes that my brain had matured since then.

Any advice on how to maintain my quant and a way to study more for the verbal would be appreciated. What materials?

Also how long should I wait until to take it again? I cannot tell you how much it pains me to give that mf-ing gmac another $250.

Materials used:
- I used gmat 800, did all problems, except for about 50 of the CRs.
- Took the gmat prep about 5 times, so not sure how to gauge my score on that from now on with the repeating questions.
- study materials completed in prep for the 4 days intensive class.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 11:25
surprised you didn't mention OG anywhere in your post....buy it, study it and watch you score increase :-)
  [#permalink] 20 Sep 2007, 11:25